Sunday, July 7, 2024

Smoky Darling (Darling #1) by S.J Tilly

 


I fell in love with Beckett when I was 7. He broke my heart when I was 15. When I was 18, I promised myself I'd forget about him. And I did. For a dozen years. But now he's back home. Here. In Darling Lake. And I don't know if I should give in to the temptation swirling between us or run the other way. 

She had a crush on me when she was a kid. But she was my brother's best friend's little sister. I didn't see her like that. And even if I had, she was too young. Our age difference was too great. But now I'm back home. And she's here. And she's all the way grown up. It wouldn't have worked back then. But I'll be damned if I won't get a taste of her now. Smoky Darling by S.J. Tilly was published on January 2023. This is the first book in the Darling series. 

I found S.J. Tilly though another series and after that it's been history. I absolutely love the way she writes her books. I love that she gives a great story-line and also lots of fun pages sprinkled throughout. I love the backstory between the two characters and then fast forward to what was happening at the present. I didn't feel like their relationship was super fast because they have history. Even hinted at some history more then what was in the book. The characters both have faults but also strength which keeps each character balanced to seem real. They were both really easy to picture in my head. I really love a lot of scenes in this book and their banter back and forth. I highly recommend checking this book out. You won't be disappointed in S.J. Tilly books. 

Quotes That I Loved 

Elouise is hopping around, and her tits are bouncing, and I no longer care that there's a fire. What fire? Tits. All I see are tits. 

"Are you gonna be quiet for me? Or do I need to leave?"
"I'll be quiet..."
"No one else sees you....Not even a silhouette....And no one hears you....not a single sound.....not a single moan....not even the smallest groan...not a peep, Elouise. Behave this time, or I'll have to find another way to keep your mouth occupied." 

"If you know what's good for you, you're gonna shut your mouth and take your punishment like a good girl." 

Darling Series 
1. Smoky Darling
2. Latte Darling 

Tropes 






No comments:

Post a Comment