Sunday, June 23, 2024

Dirty Score (Hawkeyes Hockey #5) by Kenna King

 


The puck bunnies might all be swooning over the new tatted-up player sitting on the home bench, but she won't be fooled. He's a wolf, disguised in a Hawkeyes jersey. Penelope has never shared the heart-wrenching details of her and Slade's past with anyone, let alone her dad, but Slade's sudden appearance threatens to unravel her carefully guarded disdain. Slade Matthews, her father's protege and her college bully are one and the same. She thought she'd never have to see him again, but with a new opening on the team and time of the essence to fill it, Slade gets his chance to move up. Now she has to hide her six-year-long-grudge against the charismatic player who won't stop trying to win her over as he forgot what he did to her all those years ago. Dirty Score by Kenna King was published March 2024. This is book five of the Hawkeyes Hockey series. 

I was given this book for my honest review. I really wanted to like this book but I felt like the characters did not draw me in. I didn't love them at all so it was hard to finish the book. The story-line is cute and could really be an amazing book if some of the errors and the story-line flowed a little better. I wanted to see Penelope to have her grudge last longer and show up but it barely was even simmering. I wanted to see Slade try hard to be able to get Penelope to fall in love with him again. Also...Penelope's father had no clue why his daughter was not liking him. But yet he just forgave Slade quickly. All in all it was a decent read but not a book that I would read over and over again. 

Quotes That I Loved 

I hope she rips his heart into a million pieces and then skates over them with razor-sharp ice skates for poetic justice. 

And...does Slade Matthews have a nipple ring? 

"Are you on birth control?"
"Yes, but it won't be necessary because you won't be coming."
"Is this your way of punishing me?"
"Maybe."
"And after this...am I forgiven?"
"I haven't decided yet."
"You're going to torture me before you forgive me, aren't you?" 



Hawkeyes Hockey Series
1. Cocky Score
2. Filthy Score
3. Brutal Score
4. Rough Score
5. Dirty Score 
6. Lucky Score
7. Tough Score
8. Wrong Score 

Tropes



No comments:

Post a Comment