Monday, June 24, 2024

Malevolent (Deviants of Onyx Grove #1) by Lainey Delaroque

 


"You'll be Onyx Grove's savior, just like your parents." But my parents died under suspicious circumstances, and I was shipped off to another state. It took me 13 years to return, but now I'm back in Onyx Grove - the crime-ridden city I once called home. Generations ago, everything belonged to my family. Now, the Warricks reign instead. Families have been replaced by gangs, and businesses, by profitable illegal ventures. To claim my birthright, I go undercover in one of their companies as a secretary. A timid little mouse with three targets. Malevolent by Lainey Delaroque was published on March 2024. This is the first book of the Deviants of Onyx Grove series. 

This book will have you thrown for a loop from the get go. You follow Jade through the book and fall in love with her spirit. You know that not everything is as they seem from the get go. But, the author still throws in multiple other loops that through you off so much. Also so many stalkers following each other. You won't know who is the bad guy in this book at all. I am sure there is multiple bad guys. I loved the characters in this book. They all had major faults from the get go but also have different strengths. It was not like the siblings in this book or other characters are carbon copy of each other. (I have seen that happen with personalities). I felt like each character could be an actual person in real life. It helps in making them feel like I know them. The smut and kinks in this book are so well written I sometimes i had to remind myself that I am reading a book of fiction people not a nonfiction. I loved this book and can not wait to read the next book in the series. 

Quotes that I Loved 

"Don't apologize.....Remorse on beautiful lips like yours? I don't like it."
"That would sound sleazy if it wasn't coming from you....I mean it."
"You can beg me for forgiveness, but don't say you're sorry." 

"Okay. For tonight only, I will let your attitude slide....Next time, you will do as I say. And after that, you will let me pull your pretty little strings. And if you keep being a good girl, you will have the time of your life." 

"Would you run if I told you I want to see you bleed?" 



Deviants of Onyx Grove Series
1. Malevolent 

Tropes





No comments:

Post a Comment