Friday, June 21, 2024

Luca ( A Dark Hearts Stand-Alone Novel #1) by Nikki J. Summers

 


Anyone else struggling in April and May with a million things happening. No...well that is what is happening to me these past few months. I have four kiddos ranging from 13 to 5. Two of the kids had birthdays in April (still need to plan their parties). My oldest is in three choirs and was in a musical at hers school (which performed in April) and the choir concerts were split between the two months. Then my younger two kiddos are in soccer (which sucks your life out). Not only that but I have my brand new niece who hangs out with me while mom and dad work. Whew...it's a lot and not lot of time to write a book review down. I have lots on their way...I haven't stopped reading. 


What you're about to read is my story, my truth. A truth that spans over twenty years of a love for two brothers. A love that was cruel, sometimes harsh and raw, but for me, always honest and true. A best friend to one, but to the other, so much more. Ours was a love that defied all reason. It pushed us to our limits. It was never easy, but nothing worth having ever is; and Luca Marquez is so worth having. He's mine, he always has been and no one will take him away from me. Luca by Nikki J. Summers was published December 2018. 

I really really wanted to fall in love with this book. But, it was really hard to get into this story. The characters were hard to love. I felt like I needed to know more about each of them. I had a hard time getting into this plot. Usually books take me 1 to 3 days tops. But this book lasted me a couple of weeks. I liked pieces of the book when you see more personality from the two main characters but it was not through the whole book. I felt like each scene didn't flow right into the next. Also some of the scenes were hard to imagine that you come out in the end clean. But, like always just because it was my ick doesn't mean it's not your yum. 

Quotes that I Loved 

"I hope we can catch up when all this is over. I've missed you, little sis. I really have." 

"You thought it was a good idea to play cards with a card sharp, whilst you waited for me to get home? And Strip poker at that? Seriously, it took you guys to get down to your underwear to figure out she's a cheat?" 

"Stay in your room then..." 
"Yeah, great idea. How about you get the handcuffs out and chain me up whilst you're at it." 
"Kinky..."
"Don't fucking tempt me." 


Series in Order 
1. Luca 
2. This Cruel Love 
3. Hurt to Love


Tropes



No comments:

Post a Comment