Wednesday, March 27, 2024

Get a Room by Casey Dembowski

 


Brian Hawkins has had the worst year. He watched his girlfriend marry another man, lost his job and his apartment, and, after a summer under his parents' roof, has taken refuge with his younger sister. A quiet few months in Philadelphia is just what he needs to clear his head and get back on his feet. But he's barely unpacked before the bane of his existence, his sister's best friend shows up. His planned solitude is replaced by pop songs, rom-coms, and bright pink hair. Which would be fine, except there's only one extra bed, and there's no way he's sharing it with her. Get a Room by Casey Dembowski was published July 2023. 

I don't know how many times I was laughing at the silly antics of Brian and Sarah. Doesn't help that my best friend name is Sarah. I loved the two main characters in this book. They both had a lot of personality both things that make you wonder what the heck they are doing to OMG they are so cute. They both grew into an actual adult in this book with ways to handle situations. I absolutely loved how they were taking care of each other without saying that there might be something going on. I could totally see Brian and Sarah being people that I would hang out. The plot in this story is perfect and I was just waiting for something to happen to their little bubble. Didn't know whether it was going to be Brian getting a job out of the city or if Brian sister was going to find out that the two of them were hooking up. But this book did not disappoint me at all. It's the perfect Rom-Com with the humor throughout the book. You see minor action going on between the two. It really read like a chick flick that you would find for all ages to watch. Minor hints that things were happening between closed doors and minor petting. But it didn't take away from the story at all. I highly recommend this light story. 

Quotes that I Liked 

"You're beautiful...I've wanted to since you fell into my lap...How could I not?" 

"You can have the bed back."
"What?"
"It's your room. She was always saving it for you." 

"Why are you walking around like an ad for Old Spice?" 


Tropes




No comments:

Post a Comment