Tuesday, March 5, 2024

The Grumpy One by Leslie North

 


Cleaning floors in Branson Couture was never part of my career plans. Neither was almost decapitating the CEO with a mop. Of course, I didn't know he was the CEO - my mind only registered "intruder" and "hot". Maybe not in that order. Meet James Branson: infuriatingly hot, obscenely wealthy, and as charming as a door slammed in your face. He's the king of high fashion. And, apparently, of ruining my day. The thing is, he wants to do more than just ruin my day. In my hasty retreat from the mop-attack I left my design journal behind. James discovers my designs and offers me truly insane money to work beside him. The Grumpy One by Leslie North was published February 2024. 

So, I received this story for my honest review. I would have been able to publish this earlier but my mom actually went into the hospital. With my kids activities and taking care of my mom I was stretched thin so didn't get a lot of reading or posting reviews of some of the books that I was able to read. So thanks for baring with me for awhile while I get back into my groove. Okay...back to the review. 

I loved the concept of this book. It had the parts of a Rom-com to the T. It had a lot of humor like the first scene with the mop attacking the CEO to her showing her boobs in the elevator to the CEO. It had lots of scenes that I was chuckling and then had to explain to my husband what I was laughing about. Though there were parts where I was like where is the grumpy boss and who is suppose to be grumpy. I didn't see anyone grumpy in the book maybe a little upset at certain events that were happening but grumpy nope. I also thought when Natalie went against James wishes in the book he would have a worse reaction to it then just brush it off and move on. I wanted more action between the two of them. I wanted to see James tip the scale to being angry. Both characters were flat. We did see some back story of James with his brother but nothing really happening with both characters. I didn't see much of who they are and what makes them tick. It was just a lot of scene hoping. I did see some chemistry between the two main characters but just a little. I would have loved to seen more. Little to no smut was in the book and it wasn't steamy that made me want to fan off the heat. It was a great book and I will read more from the author. 

Quotes That I Liked 

"You looked at me like I was the last slice of bacon at an all-you-can-eat buffet!" 

"There's nothing I hate more than men in positions of authority taking advantage of their power. I'm sure he thinks he can intimidate you into going out with him. I'd be happy to help you prove him wrong by squashing this bug of a human."

"How are you wet already?....Because I've wanted you all day. I can't stop thinking about fucking you." 

"Is that a fact? And what would we do in that pool house?" 
"Dirty things. Depraved things. I'll strip you naked and worship your entire body with my tongue. I'll make you come half a dozen times before I let my dick get anywhere near you. I'll tease you until you're begging for my cock. Then I'll fuck you from behind, because I know you come fast when we do it that way." 



Tropes 




No comments:

Post a Comment