Tuesday, March 26, 2024

The Wrong Bride (The Windsors #1) by Catharina Maura

 


She's his fiancee's younger sister. He's the man she's always loved. When her sister doesn't show up on her wedding day, Raven has no choice but to take her place - but marriage to Ares Windsor is nothing short of torture. The elusive billionaire media mongul is the man she's always loved...yet he's only ever had eyes for her sister. Married to him at last, Raven is determined to win him over. After all, everything is fair in love and war. And this? This is war. The Wrong Bride by Catharina Maura was published October 2022. This is book one of The Windsors series. 

I really struggled with this book, but I did not dnf it. The characters were interesting to me but I felt like both of the characters felt flat. I didn't love either one of them with how they were treating others and especially how Ares was treating Raven throughout the book. I wanted to hug that poor girl through most of the book. She really drew the short end of the stick from everything that was happening. The plot was interesting but I felt like there was so much going in this book it was hard to keep track of what was going on. I felt like some of the story could have happened in another book. I did not see much love Ares had for Raven so it was hard to see how they were going to be in love. Though, I could see Raven being in love with him. It's a book that left me with more questions then there were answers. But, please don't take my word for it you may have a different experience all together. 

Quotes That I Liked 

"What?....Can't stand the idea of Raven being with anyone else? I thought you didn't want her as your wife?" 
"Fuck off" 

"Why can't I ever be anyone's priority? What makes me so undeserving of that? Why can I never measure up against Hannah in my parents' eyes? In Ares's eyes? What is it that she's got and I'll never have? Why is my best never enough..." 

"Good girl..." 

"Let go of my wife..." 

"Let's normalize walking away from toxic situations. You don't have to stick it out when your mental health is taking a beating, just because that's what everyone expects of you. It's okay to reassess and decide whether or not a situation is still acceptable to you." 


The Windsors Series
1. The Wrong Bride
2. The Temporary Wife
3. The Unwanted Marriage
4. The Broken Vows 
5. The Secret Fiancee 
6. Unnamed (July 26th, 2024)

Tropes

No comments:

Post a Comment