Monday, March 11, 2024

Letting It Ride (Betting on Love #2) by Kate Campfield

 


After my last break up, I know better than to gamble on love. And going after my best friend's younger sister is a sure way to lose it all. At thirty-four, I should be focused on buying my first house and funding my 401k- not dragging my best friend on a cruise to escape reality. But after a brutal breakup, this vacation is the only bright spot on my otherwise crappy life. Not on my cruise itinerary? My best friend's sister showing up...or gambling my heart with her in the worst rebound fling decision of my life. Letting it Ride by Kate Campfield. This book is book 2 in the Betting on Love series. 

Let me talk about the positives of this book. I really enjoyed the plot line of this story. I felt like the story flowed really well. That things progressed really well throughout the story. I felt like I could see how the two of them could fall in love on the boat and how things progressed from there. The thing that I had trouble with this book was that I couldn't get into the characters. I felt like there was so much that I needed to know about the characters. They felt very flat and one to me. I didn't love them at all and could not see how each of them could love the other. I needed more from the characters, more passion, more anger, sadness, enjoyment. I needed more and perhaps if I read book one first I may have known more about the characters but I am guessing not. While I didn't get into the story because of the characters doesn't mean that you won't. Check out this pretty good story. 

Quotes That I Liked

"Don't say the f word."
"How the fuck old do you think I am, Cam? I'm a fucking adult. I'll say fuck whenever the fuck I fucking feel like it. And fuck whoever I fucking want to." 

"I want to stare at the gorgeous ass while I'm deep inside you."

"Get on the bed, Addie. If I come, it's going to be inside you."

"I fucking love you too, my little hurricane." 

Betting on Love Series
1. Going All In 
2. Letting it Ride 

Tropes



No comments:

Post a Comment