Monday, March 4, 2024

King of Wrath (Kings of Sin #1) by Ana Huang


Ruthless. Meticulous. Arrogant. Dante Russo thrives on control, both personally and professionally. The billionaire CEO never planned to marry - until the threat of blackmail forces him into an engagement with a woman he barely knows. Vivian Lau, jewelry heiress and daughter of his newest enemy. It doesn't matter how beautiful or charming she is. He'll do everything in his power to destroy the evidence and their betrothal. There's only one problem: now that he has her...he can't bring himself to let her go. King of Wrath by Ana Huang was published in October 2022. This is the first book of the Kings of Sin series. 

This book I felt like started slow to build up but quickly picked up. I felt like the build up the whole series was put into this book. At first I didn't like Vivian and the way she treated other people until I met her parents. Then I realized why Vivian was the way she was. But also I felt like there were things missing in the book. Like why was Dante at the event that Vivian put on in New York when he doesn't go to events. I think he was watching her at the event. I absolutely loved Dante in this book. I loved his power in the way he did everything. I also love how he fought his feelings for Vivian. Though I think a lot of their problems is lack of communications. I felt like both characters were a little flat in the beginning but the farther I progressed in the book the more rounded they were. I didn't feel like this book had a ton of smut and less story-line but it had a good amount that didn't over top the story plot lines. There was a healthy balance in this book. Also the conversations in this book didn't feel forced and they talked like normal people which is a huge plus. I highly recommend checking out this book if you have not yet. 

Quotes That I liked

One, Dante was going to be my fiancĂ©. Two, we might kill each other before we ever made it to the alter. 

"You forget....You're my fiancee. Not Kai's. Not anyone else's. I don't give a fuck how handsome they are or what type of accent they have. You're mine, and no one....Touches what's mine." 

"If you won't say it, I will....it says you're mine. Puoi negarlo quanto vuoi, ma e la verita."
"You don't even like me."
"Like has nothing to do with this....That's it....Give into it, sweetheart. Let me feel you come all over my hand."
"Fuck you."
"That's the idea."

"The first hour was for trying to rob one of my stores. The second...is for threatening my wife." 

"That's a good girl." 




Kings of Sin Series 
1. King of Wrath
4. King of Sloth (April 30th, 2024)
5. King of Envy (TBA)
6. King of Gluttony (TBA)
7. King of Lust (TBA) 

Tropes 




No comments:

Post a Comment