Friday, March 15, 2024

Risky Attraction (Wolf Security #1) by Kendall Talbot

 


Two grieving strangers are thrust into a deadly chase, now both their hearts and lives at risk. Ryder Westwood is still reeling from the revelation that the love of his life had lied to him before her shocking death. Now all he craves is solitude. But when the grumpy Border Force Captain rushes to rescue a yacht that's sinking after colliding with a mysterious object, his pain and anger are tested by Piper Harrison, the yacht's feisty skipper. Piper, a single mom and grieving widow, was sailing around Australia with her rebellious teenager. But as their yacht vanishes beneath the waves, a gruesome discovery catapults them into the crosshairs of a sinister underworld. When Piper's daughter is kidnapped, Piper and Ryder are drawn into a whirlwind of desire and danger. Bullets fly, and with the body count rising, they enlist the help of the Alpha Tactical Ops heroes to rescue Piper's daughter from ruthless enemies. Will they save all that Piper has left? Risky Attraction by Kendall Talbot was published March 2024. This is book one of the Wolf Security series. 

This was another advance read book that I was given for my honest review. I enjoy military type romance books even though a lot of them have the same kind of story-line. So I was so grateful to get the opportunity to read this book. It took me a long time to realize that this book was based out of Australia so I was slightly confused at first of the book. I really loved the two main characters in this book. I felt like both characters had some history that made each of them who they are. Though, I thought it was interesting that they both had their first love (high school sweetheart) die before the book started. Though, it worked as they had similar ground to connect with. I fell in love with the snotty nose teenager that Piper was raising. This girl made me chuckle so much but I was also interesting to see her pain of losing her father. Though, I did want to smack her a few times for how she was treating her mom (I have a preteen daughter so I get the frustration). I loved Ryder, but I wanted to see more personality out of him. Like why didn't he try to step in to help Piper with her daughter's attitude more. I felt like the book was rushed in a way. That the two main characters fell in love quickly, I am not sure if  it's because in the end it skips ahead by months or not. I also was bummed that there is no final of who was the cause of the shipping container. Who is B......it's going to drive me nuts. I am just hoping that the next book in the series more mysterious come out. The smut in this book is very little but it didn't take away from the romance in this book. It's pretty clean book. So if you are looking for smut...this might not be a book for you. I highly recommend checking out this book though. I can't wait to read book two. 


Wolf Security series 
1. Risky Attraction 
2. Risky Desires (June 28, 2024) 

Tropes



No comments:

Post a Comment