Thursday, March 14, 2024

The Boss on the Brain (New York Office Billionaires #1) by Meg Garnet

 



The arrogant man I gave my V-card to years ago, only to get dumped, is my new billionaire boss. When I run into Desmond McKinley ten years after high-school, he's a billionaire while I'm struggling small business owner. He controls the country's largest luxury hotel company, but I still hated him for breaking my teenage heart in the worst possible way. I never want to see the infuriating man again. But who's the billionaire saving my falling business? My first love. As per the contract, I'm forced to work with Desmond. Resisting his charms and the way  he fills out his bespoke suits. I try to not get distracted by his commanding gaze in meetings or think about how frustratingly single he is. As my boss, he's strictly off-limits, especially if one powerful glance from him reminds me of the bed we once shared. Forbidden or not, Desmond seems determined to rekindle what we had. I'm not ready to trust him again. But one steamy incident in the office convinces me to forget my fears for awhile. I give in, and our time in bed is hotter than before. It's just physical...Just because he's back, I'd never fall for the man who shouldn't be given a second chance. The man I spent years getting over...until it's too late. The Boss on the Brain by Meg Garnet was published on February 2024. This is the first book in the series of New York Office Billionaire series. 

I was given this book for my honest review. I really enjoyed the story-line of this story. I love how they run into each other again outside when she starts working for him. I do wish that they had some of the flashbacks of when they were teens. I wanted to see how the two of them meant in high school and came to be back then. As those moments in the past are just as important as their moments in the book at current. So it was hard to see the two of them fall in love in the current book or their love further become deeper. I also wanted to see more personality from the two of them by themselves and together. We saw why Desmond was very on edge with his family's health through the book. But I needed more from her. I did enjoy the book and the witty comments that came back from both characters. I felt like I could get to know these characters but they were not my friend yet. I love to get to become friends with the main characters in the book. It makes me want to read more and possibly reread a book. The smut scenes are mild spicy but not bam...in your face. No loud declaration of love from either of them. It's a sweet book and one that I recommend checking out for sure. 

Quotes that I Liked 

"How would you rate the French fries at this fine establishment on the scale of yikes, I should've gone to McDonald's instead to ooh, I'd kill my date just to be able to eat his share?" 

"If you're the psychotic one, then your ex is the devil incarnate." 

"Taking care of others, Ava? When was the last time someone took care of you?"

"I've wanted to hold you again forever, Ava...To kiss you again...to touch you again." 

New York Office Billionaires
1. The Boss on the Brain 

Tropes



No comments:

Post a Comment