Monday, March 25, 2024

King of Greed (Kings of Sin #3) by Ana Huang

 


Powerful, brilliant, and ambitious, Dominic Davenport clawed his way up from nothing to become the King of Wall Street. He has everything - a beautiful home, a beautiful wife, and more money than he could spend in a lifetime. But no matter how much he accumulates, he's never satisfied. In his endless quest for more, he drives away the only person who saw him as enough. It isn't until she's gone that he realizes there may be more to life than riches and glory...but by then, it may be too late. King of Greed by Ana Huang was published in October 2023. This is book three of the Kings of Sin series. 

This is such a huge change to most romantic books that I have read. I actually was not sure that I would even like it. But I liked a lot of other books by Ana Huang so I thought I would give it ago. Plus, I really like when I see characters that I fell in love with in different books. This book starts off with the two main characters married. They were already in love with each other. But you would remember from the other books that Alessandra Davenport doesn't look happy when she is spotted. The ladies always comment on how sad she looks in the book. Anyways, let's talk about the characters in this book. I really wanted to smack or punch, maim, or kill Dominic. He had this amazing women at home and yet he was a workaholic. This lady wanted kids, she wanted a life with her husband. She did not care for the money that he was always pushing to have. But, the author found ways to make his addiction to work and money make sense with the way he grew up. Also she did over time in the book make me fall in love with Dominic once he realized who he was pushing away. Alessandra, I thought would be the stick in the mud rich lady. But she wasn't at all. She had this amazing view on life and was trying to find out who she is. Also she was making some incredible friends who were helping her along the way. I want to become like her when I get old. Though she might be younger then me. I fell in love with her and her drive. The plot in this story is so perfect and it really shows what is important and that is the love of others. I highly recommend checking out this story. 
Quotes That I Liked 

"I don't have the money to buy you all the flowers you deserve yet...so I made them instead." 

"I'm asking you one last time....Where is my wife?" 

"It didn't sound like a mistake when you were screaming my name and begging me to let you come." 

"I would destroy the world if it would please you. I would ruin every man who thought he could have you." 
"Fuck me like you mean that, Dom."
"What makes you think I don't?"
"Our divorce papers." 


Kings of Sin series
3. King of Greed
4. King of Sloth (April 30th, 2024) 
5. King of Envy (TBA)
6. King of Gluttony (TBA)
7. King of Lust (TBA) 

Tropes


No comments:

Post a Comment