Tuesday, February 20, 2024

Where's Molly by H.D. Carlton

 

Cover Page by H.D. Carlton 

In my dreams, I never escaped the Oregon woods. Life after death isn't easy to accept, especially when I still feel like a ghost. Now, I live deep in the mountains of Montana - the paradigm of beauty. But they are also the home of horrors. Horrors that I only unleash at night. When my pigs are allowed to feast. Where's Molly by H.D. Carlton was published February 2024. This book is a spin-off from Haunting Adeline and Hunting Adeline

When I heard H.D. Carlton was writing another book in the same time and realm of Haunting Adeline I knew I was going to stop all books I was reading when it came out. I absolutely loved her other books and knew that this book was going to knock me off my feet. But, like her other books make sure that you read the trigger warnings because she doesn't go easy on her characters. Now, we hear about Molly in the other book (hence why you need to read those books first) and you hear what horrors Molly went through in the previous book. But you don't know the why or how she was placed in the same house. In this book you hear the backstory and I loved how H.D. Carlton was using the history through out the whole story. She wrote it in a way where it only added to what was happening to Molly and Cage. Though, I wish I knew more of Cage history but you do get glimpse of his history as well. I felt like the two characters were well rounded. You see some light humor in the way they treated each other but also see how their history shaped them in who they are. I didn't feel a lot of connection between the two characters as much as I am used to in romance books. But I didn't feel like it was lacking when I read it. I think because both characters had a lot of traumatic past I felt like they would be holding back. The plot in this story is great. It's not as intense as Haunting Adeline and Hunting Adeline but it did have seems where you are questioning yourself. The smut scenes in this book are amazing and intense but don't take away from the story just adds to it. Also I absolutely loved Cage's mom and I would only hope I would be half as a good mom as she is to her son. I can't wait to read more books by H.D. Carlton and I hope she writes books for a long time coming. 

Quotes That I Liked 

"That's also new. You gonna use that on me, little ghost? I don't mind joining you in the afterlife."

"Come on, little ghost. Let's go stuff that pretty little mouth." 

"You know, your pets would tear you apart in seconds with all that nervous energy."
"Then it's so fortunate for me that I know how to defend myself."
"You must be frightening."
"I am."
"Then show me, my little ghost." 

"Jesus Christ....Sit on my fucking face, Molly." 

"That's a good girl." 


Tropes 




No comments:

Post a Comment