Monday, February 19, 2024

The Wallflower (Oakmount Elite #1) by J.L. Beck

 


She needs me, because she needs money. I don't need her. Just her complete submission...Maybell Jacobs is the Wallflower: quiet, shy, socially awkward and hell-bent on hiding even from herself, that is until a chance encounter takes place between us. Instantly she hates me and for good reason. I'm a walking-red-flag. Filthy rich jock, short tempered, and violent. I can have anyone and anything I want...except her. Little does she know her disgust, anger, and hate for me fuels my obsession to own her, completely in every single way. The Wallflower by J.L. Beck was published February 2024. This is the first book in the Oakmount Elite series. 

I am a huge fan of dark romances and this one is one of those that is most likely on level with Haunting Adeline. I absolutely loved the two main characters in this book. While in the beginning I had a hard time connecting to Drew. But I fell in love with Maybell. She reminds me a lot like me in personality. I am a huge introvert myself though my sass does come out with those who are close to me. The two characters, I could totally see a relationship forming in the way that neither could stay away from the each other. But we don't see a full form relationship out of having sex in this book. I do hope that the next book shows more of the relationship. I saw the ending going in two different ways and was trying to put pieces together. Though I had a feeling that the ending was going to go similar to my thoughts (it did). I really enjoyed the plot in this story, there was some slow parts but the slow parts led into the action scenes and fast pace scenes really well. It had great ebb and flow and personality. I can't wait to read the next book in the series. Also the smut scenes were top notch. 

Quotes That I Liked 

"You all know what I want. But this time, I want to be fucking real. None of this pretends not to want it while her cunt is sopping wet bullshit. I want to see the whites of her eyes. If she fights, fine, but I want to be out of fear, not pretense."

"Come here, my little wallflower. I want to get a better look at you." 

The chase is exhilarating, but capturing your prey between your bar teeth while they beg for you to release them? That's the part that gets me every time. 

"There are a lot of things I want from you, flower, but right now...I want you to scream for me because of me. I want you gasping for breath. I want you crying, your eyes shimmering with tears. I want you running, doing everything you can to escape me, while knowing deep down inside you'll never get away. I want all of it. So I'll give you one more chance to get away." 


Oakmount Elite Series 
1. The Wallflower 
2. The Wildflower (TBD April 12, 2024)


Tropes


No comments:

Post a Comment