Thursday, February 8, 2024

A Long Time Coming (Cane Brothers #3) by Meghan Quinn

 


A witty take on a romantic comedy classic, My Best Friend's Wedding. Steamy, laugh-out-loud, and full of charm, these two best friends heat up the pages while proving true love might be right in front of you. Have you ever heard of a man-in-waiting? Yeah, neither has my best friend's soon-to-be monster-in-law. Ooo, sorry, I meant mother-in-law. Nor has she heard of the term, what the bride wants, the bride gets. With wedding planning underway and short timeline, my best friend, Lia, has recruited me to help her battle the snarly beast that is Mrs. Beaver. Not scared at all, I accept the challenge as her man-in-waiting--aka, man of honor--and take matters into my own hands. The only problem is, but now...I find myself staring a touch too long. My hand lingering for one more minute. And when she's upset? Allowing her to sleep in my bed. And before I know what's happening, it hits me like a ton of bricks. I'm in love with my best friend. Not just in love, but infatuated. A Long Time Coming by Meghan Quinn was published in January 2023. This is book three of Cane Brother series. This book was nominated for Goodreads Choice award for Best Romance in 2023. 

I read this book awhile ago so bare with me. I cracked up laughing through this whole book. So far I haven't found a book by Meghan Quinn that hasn't given me a case of laughter. I loved Breaker in the other books but often found him shy compare to the other two brothers. But in this book he really shined and I learned a lot about him and more about his family. I loved that this was a best friend romance and could see how the relationship between Breaker and Lia was already formed when the book started. They already had secret jokes and could know when the other was having a rough day. But I could totally see where this book was leading when Lia was already questioning her wedding to her fiancé. Both characters were so well rounded and I loved that you were able to see the whole story through both of their eyes. As a lot of what was happening was in their heads and yet they were saying different things. The dialogue in this book was the right fit, it wasn't too much and wasn't too little. It had the right flow that helped break up descriptions and when the characters were in their heads. The humor in this book was spot on. This book showed how their relationship changed and grew into falling in love. I absolutely loved this book and highly recommend all of the Cane Brothers series. 

Cane Brothers Series
3. A Long Time Coming 
Quotes That I Loved 

"Your mustache is offensive. I'm pretty sure it would make even the most randy of women go dry." 
"You know, I've never had a girl tell me that I possess the uncanny ability to dehydrate the nether regions of the female race with just my facial hair." 

"He doesn't deserve her. He's not good enough." 

"You're in love with your best friend, and you just finally realized it." 
"Jesus fucking Christ....Fuck, I think I like her."
"Nah, man. You love her. End of discussion." 

"Fuck, if you were my fiancee, my wife, I'd never let you leave the bedroom. Your voice would be hoarse from every fucking orgasm I gave you." 

"I want my girl to be desperate, needy, and begging for me, so when she does take me in her mouth, she worships it. Just like I would worship her aching pussy." 

"Your pussy deserves to be tongued, consumed, and fucked so hard that you can't walk the next day." 
"What if he doesn't want to fuck me?"
"Then he's not the man for you because, Lia...you deserve to be fucked. Just like you deserve to be worshipped. Hard." 

"I love you too much to be happy to love you less."

Tropes

No comments:

Post a Comment