Friday, September 15, 2023

A Not So Meet Cute (Cane Brothers #1) by Meghan Quinn

 


How did you two meet? The quintessential question asked to every couple. And the answer is usually some bubbly, lovey tale of being stuck in the bum by Cupid's arrow. My meet cute (well not so meet cute) is slightly different. I was trolling a wealthy neighborhood in Beverly Hills, searching for someone to take me as their bride, you know, to make my arch nemesis jealous who consequently just fired me. A Not so Meet Cute by Meghan Quinn was published in November 2021. This is book one of the Cane Brothers series. 

This book had me in stitches throughout it. I started to read this book after I read some dark romance books and needed a book that had me giggle a lot. So word for the wise this book is not dark at all but a great read. I have to say in the beginning of the book it left me slightly confused. But then it picked up and I was often laughing and then also sending quotes from it to my close friends. Actually, I think I had a friend read a whole chapter because it was so funny. The characters are okay, I actually felt like they were a little flat. They both had a lot of problems and I had a hard time finding a reason to like them. The plot in this book though rocked everything apart. It was so funny and it had some steamy scenes. (Yeah, I know you needed to know). I loved how it was not instant love for both characters. But you have to read this book to get that this book is so much fun to read. I can't wait to read more books by this author. 

Quotes That I Loved 

Kelsey: Oh my god....you're going to be murdered.
Lottie: No way. The dude is meeting me at Chipotles. He's not going to murder me at a place where you have to pay extra for guac. 

"No, but there's something so sexy, so possessive, about being able to hold your girl at the nape of her neck."
"Possessive, are we?"
"I perfer to claim what's mine." 

"What are you doing?" Huxley asks as he watches me run my hand up and down my purple dildo. Because I think it's fun to test him, I say, "Deciding what I want to fuck myself with tonight. You know, since my fiancé is celibate and all, I need to get off somehow. Your staff most likely understands the circumstances." 

"Crawl up your own scrotum and drown." 

"Second of all, we weren't prepared for a goddamn orgy when coming to this class." 

"And I got squirted in the face"
"By her boob?"
"No, by a boob on the wall."
"You're going to have to run through it for me, because I'm confused." 

"Such a good girl." 
Cane Brothers Series in Order
1. A Not so Meet Cute

Tropes 




No comments:

Post a Comment