Saturday, September 23, 2023

Sleet Sugar (Sleet #2) by S.J. Tilly

 


My friends have convinced me. No more hockey players. With a dad who is the Head Coach for the Minnesota Sleet, it seemed like an easy decision. My friends have also convinced me that the best way to boost my fragile self-esteem is through a one-night stand. A dating app. A hotel bar. A sexy-as-hell man...who's sweet, and funny, and - did I mention? Assumptions. There's a rule about them. I assumed he was passing through town. I assumed he was a businessman, or maybe an investor, or accountant, or literally anything other than a professional hockey player. I assumed I'd never see him again. I assumed wrong. Sleet Sugar by S.J. Tilly was published in January 2023. This book two of the Sleet series. 

I absolutely loved the first book in this series and so I could not wait to read this one. This one I think blew the other out of the waters. I absolutely loved seeing Izzy that you meant in the first book really finding her own. Izzy is a very rounded character with faults and strength. Also all of her emotions felt real in the book and not pushed into. Her personality really shown in the book and it's great. I felt like Zach is the guy that I could picture being in the popular crowd. But he is still the loveable jokester. I didn't feel that some of his emotions or actions really fit with the rest of him but it was easy to look over. The plot in this book is amazing and really well done. It was more of an instant love but that was okay. The actions of Zach trying to get Izzy to give him a chance made me often giggle. I really enjoyed this book and I recommend you to check it out. 

Quotes that I Loved 

"Sugar, if you think having intercourse like that is impossible, then you've been wasting your time with all the wrong men." 

"Good. Now I'm going to put my mouth on this sweet pussy of yours and find out if you taste like candy everywhere." 

"Don't worry, Baby....I have no intention of telling my coach just how fucking tasty and dirty his pretty daughter is. I know full well that wouldn't be good for my health." 

I'm feeling really fucking possessive! 

"....I openly admit that it will take more than one cup of sweetness to make up for the trauma I've put you through tonight. I'm the worst. You're the best. I'm a troll. You're a goddess. I'm dumb. You're brilliant. I'm salt. You're sweet, sweet Sugar." 

"You're right. We should have done that somewhere with a locking door, with you naked and my cock buried inside of you." 

Sleet Series in Order 
2. Sleet Sugar 

Tropes



No comments:

Post a Comment