Wednesday, September 20, 2023

The Right Move (Windy City #2) by Liz Tomforde

 


She's a distraction, that's what she is. I'm the newest Captain of the Devils, Chicago's NBA team, and the last thing I needed this year was for Indy Ivers, my sister's best friend, to move into my apartment. She's messy, emotional, and way too tempting. But when the team's General Manager vocalizes his blatant disapproval of my promotion to Captain, referring to me as an unapproachable lone wolf with no work-life balance, I can't think of a better way to convince him otherwise than pretending to date my outgoing roommate. The only problem? Faking it feels too natural. The Right Move by Liz Tomforde was published in February 2023. This is book two of the Windy City series. This book was nominated for a Goodreads Choice Award for Best Romance in 2023.  

I could not wait to read book two of the Windy City after reading book one. This book did not disappoint me. Especially since I fell in love with Indy in book one. Also I love Ryan's twin sister Stevie in the first book. Ryan is a workaholic, he strives to be perfect at basketball and will do everything to keep it that way. In this book, you find out that on his way to the NBA an event happened that left him alone and only wanting to be alone. I love that it slowly comes out through the book to keep the book moving. It made some of the things he does in the beginning make complete sense. Indy, is coming off a horrible breakup when she walked in on her soon to be fiancé cheating on her. Both of them are trying to better themselves and their past tends to throw wrenches into it. I do love how it went from attraction and fighting it to falling in love. There is some good smut in this book but it's not overwhelming. The plot of this book is great and you can see the progression of their relationship and also the relationship they have with others. I highly recommend checking this out after reading book 1. 

Quotes that I Loved 

"You're right, I am emotional. But at least I'm not a fucking robot!....At least I feel things. When's the last time you felt something?" 
"Well, currently I'm feeling amused." 

"Stop looking at her, go hit the showers or get to the airport or just about anything other than look at her. She's not available."
"So you are hitting that." 
"No, I'm not hitting that. And neither are any of you. Stop looking at her or she'll be the last thing you ever fucking see."
"Ooooh. Protective Shay is here, and his sister is nowhere to be found. Someone write this date down. History is being made, people. Ryan Shay gives a fuck about someone other than Stevie and something other than basketball." 

"Do you want me to get on my knees and beg or something?
"Now that you say it....I wouldn't mind knowing what you look like on your knees, Shay." 

"Deal. Although, you could learn a thing or two from my book boyfriends. You do have that broody, mysterious thing going for you already though." 

"Oh! And can you darken your eyes?"
"Darken my eyes?"
"Yeah. When you pretend to get angry or act really turned on, can you darken your eyes?"
"No, I can't fucking darken my eyes. What the hell are you reading?" 

"Jealously turns you on?"
"Nah. No need to be jealous when I know what's mine. I'm the one you're going home with." 

"There it is. Good girl, Blue. You're doing so fucking good." 


No comments:

Post a Comment