Thursday, December 21, 2023

Caught Up (Windy City #3) by Liz Tomforde

 


I'm a single dad and starting pitcher for Chicago's MLB team. I'm stretched too thin, but I don't want help raising my son. Each of his previous nannies only lasted a few weeks before I let them go. Now, my coach is putting his foot down by hiring the one person I can't fire - his daughter. Miller Montgomery is the last woman I should fall for. Too wild, too young, and too unattached. Chicago is just a quick stop for her. I thought I'd be counting down the days until she left, but summer feels too short when I start thinking about forever. Caught Up by Liz Tomforde was published in October 2023. This is book three of the Windy City series. 

I was so excited when this book came out soon after I finished the other two books in the series. I absolutely loved the first two books in the series and could not wait to read the next book. This book was not at all disappointing. I loved Kai in this book and how he wanted to be this amazing dad to his little boy. He pulled on my heartstrings in how he wanted something to be the best for his little boy. But I also love how Miller threw every little thing into his plan to shake things up for him and his little boy. But also loved the relationship that Miller created with the little boy. It was not a wham bam thank you Ma'm kind of book. Now this one was slow to build till it exploded everywhere. The plot is amazing and how it was a slow build for the characters to fall in love through the series. Which really works well with the two characters. I highly recommend checking out this book series.

Quotes That I Loved 

'If you're as terrible of a listener in the bedroom as you are in real life, Miller, I can promise you this, you wouldn't be allowed to come...Two can play this game, Montgomery. Now, let's go."
"You keep talking like that, Kai, and I'll be ditching the 'baseball' part and just be calling you 'daddy.'"

"If you're going to start coming to my games, I better see Rhodes on your back and I'm not talking about my brother." 
"Is this some athlete kink you got? Need to see a girl in your jersey?"
"I like to see pretty girls in my jersey. Like to take it off them too."
"Well, with that kind of promise, I'll be sure to wear it next time."

"Oh my God! You're impossible. You need to go. I'm not your problem to worry about."
"Yes, the fuck you are."
"Kai, I am not your problem."
"Be my problem."
"Then do something to make me your problem." 

"All I can think about is fucking you right now, but you're out of your goddamn mind if you think any of this could be easily forgettable for me." 

"I think I'm ruined by simply watching you come, so please, do me a favor and go to bed....And for the love of God...lock the fucking door." 

"What are you doing?"
"I'm praying....What the fuck do you think I'm doing?"
"If my cock goes anywhere near that mouth of yours, I'm going to be done, and I'd really like to be inside your pussy when that happens." 

"Good girl. You get a gold star for listening." 

"Well, it doesn't matter if you see me or not. You're going to feel every inch of me. I'll be so deep, you'll be able to feel me in your fucking throat, and I can promise you, Miller, your body won't let you forget me." 

"Miller...If you're this sad, I have a shoulder you could lean your legs on." 

Windy City series in Order 

No comments:

Post a Comment