Monday, December 18, 2023

Flirting with Forever (Dirty Martini Running Club #4) by Claire Kingsley

 


Nora Lakes is sophisticated, successful, and happily single. Career problems aside, her life is fine the way it is, thank you very much. Sure, her best friends are all moving into a new season of life - full of husbands and babies and white picket fences. But that's not what Nora wants. Neither is the gruff, tattooed guy next door. Flirting with Forever by Claire Kingsley was published in March 2023. This is the fourth book in the Dirty Martini Running Club series. 

I love Nora in the other books of her friends. In how she didn't care what men think. Of course we all know she does care but doesn't want it to effect her. I absolutely loved this book. I loved how she friended the teenage girl next door before she friended the dad. Also loved how the dad was a little jealous of her relationship with his daughter. This was a slow to warm romance but it was worth it when it exploded. I absolutely loved this book and yes, her friend's husbands/boyfriends do come to do their duty as protecting Nora. I highly recommend checking out this sweet, funny, love story. 


Quotes That I Loved 

"The thing about friendships, and boys for that matter, is that you never want to settle. Having acquaintances or people you can have fun with is fine, but you want to be careful about who you let into your circle of trust."
"So, you mean it's better to have no friends than bad friends?"
"Yes. Bad friends aren't really friends are they?"
"No, I guess not."
"And you never want to compromise who you are so other people will like you." 

That rough, tattooed man could probably destroy my body in a hundred different ways. And by the way he was looking at me, he was thinking about it. 

"Can I be honest about something?"
"Of course."
"You're kind of killing me tonight."
"Am I?....I thought you weren't interested."
"Yeah, we both know that's not true." 

"Come in....I'm not done with you."

"Good girl."

"That's my dirty girl. Nice and wet for me."

"Careful, big guy, you know how I feel about spanking."
"My dirty girl. You love it."
"I really do. But later."

"Big romantic gestures are overrated. Too easy to fake. Mess up my hair and ruin my lipstick instead." 

Dirty Martini Running Club Series in Order
1. Everly Dalton's Dating Disasters 
2. Faking Ms. Right 
3. Falling for My Enemy
5. Flirting With Forever 

Tropes 

No comments:

Post a Comment