Sunday, December 10, 2023

Marrying Mr. Wrong (Dirty Martini Running Club #3) by Claire Kingsley

 


I never should have gone commando in that dress. I'm almost positive the rest of it wouldn't have happened if I hadn't been dangling off a hotel balcony with my lady parts in the breeze. And of course the one person to witness my mortification had to be HIM. Camden Cox. Sure, today he's gorgeous and wealthy, and fine, I can admit he has a great sense of humor. But once upon a time, he was the boy who loved to make my life miserable. He no longer pulls my pigtails, but I know his type. He wants one thing, and one thing only. A chance to get in my pants. Nope. Not happening. Not even with that sexy Southern drawl. But I'm Sophie Abbott, and if there's one thing I'm good at, it's making a mess. Only this isn't just a mess. It's a disaster. A Sophie disaster. Because after a wild night in Vegas, I wake up naked in his hotel room. And I'm pretty sure we got married. Marrying Mr. Wrong by Claire Kingsley was published in February 2021. This is book three in Dirty Martini Running Club series. 

I loved the other two books in this series (sorry I read it before the blog started). I love the men in this book from Sophie's friends husbands. I love how they protect their wives friends from other men. I loved this book so much and I love when the history of the two comes into the book more and more. But it's not like all pile into one spot in the book (which can drag a lot of books down). This book starts right in the middle of action which is Sophie realizes she forgot to put underwear on and then her seeing someone who is creepy. Then she runs with a women to her hotel room where she meets the women's husband. The two of them want to have a threesome with Sophie and want to get her high. So she jumps out of their window and that is how she runs into Camden. Where he gets a lovely view up her dress. This book had me in stitches from the get go. I loved how the relationship of Sophie and Camden involve and how Camden wanted nothing to do with divorcing Sophie. The smut in this book is on the light side but it's in great places through the book. I highly recommend checking out this book. You won't be disappointed. Also make sure to read the first two books. They are amazing as well. 

Quotes That I Loved 

"They offered me cocaine and wanted to do a threesome. I panicked. Thank you for helping me down, but I have to go." 

"I'm just throwing fuckin' spaghetti at the wall, Soph. One of these days, something's gonna stick." 

The first girl who'd ever given me a boner was Sophie Abbott. 

"Texting Oliver to send my wife flowers."
"She's not your wife."
"According to the state of Nevada she is." 

"Why the fuck did you marry my daughter if you didn't even want to sleep with her?" 

"The only reason you haven't filed for divorce? We both know that's bullshit, so maybe let's just call it like it is and acknowledge that you have feelings for the girl." 

"No, I was a dumbass. But you made some very confusing things happen in my pants."
"Do you want to hear something else that's terrible?"
"Yeah."
"I didn't like you at all." 

Dirty Martini Running Club Series in Order
1. Everly Dalton's Dating Disasters 
2. Faking Ms. Right 
3. Falling for My Enemy
4. Marrying Mr. Wrong

Tropes 




No comments:

Post a Comment