Sunday, September 24, 2023

Twisted Love (Twisted #1) by Ana Huang


Alex Volkov is a devil blessed with the face of an angel and cursed with a past he can't escape. Driven by a tragedy that has haunted him for most of his life, his ruthless pursuits for success and vengeance leave little room for matters of the heart. But when he's forced to look after his best friend's sister, he starts to feel something in his chest: A crack. A melt. A fire that could end his world as he knew it. Twisted Love by Ana Huang was published in April 2021. This is book one of the Twisted series. 

This book was not like what I thought it would be. Let's talk about the characters first. I felt like Ana was not who she should have been. I felt like everyone babied her. I actually didn't like Ana all that much in this book but I was willing to tough it out and great to like her a bit. I loved Alex, I felt like he was hard core with so many things that made me like him but also hate him. I loved how he treated Ana with respect but also didn't mind putting her in her place. The plot was a little slow in parts but I felt like the other parts out weighed it. I also liked how their relationship grew and it's own issues. The smut in this book is top notch. I recommend checking this book out. 

Quotes That I Loved 

For example, I could be running from a rabid bear instent on mauling me into the next century. Or I could be tied to a chair in a dark basement and forced to listen to Aqua's "Barbie Girl" on repeat until I'd rather gnaw off my arm than hear the song's eponymous phrase again. 

"What's wrong?"
"Hello to you too, Brother Dearest. What makes you think something is wrong?"
"Uh, you called me. You never call unless you're in trouble." 

"It might help with your condition."
"What condition?"
"Stickuptheassitis."
"No. The condition is chronic." 

"I'll take care of her. Don't worry."

"You can eat them, throw them out, feed them to your pet snake Nagini, whatever."
"Did you just compare me to Voldemort?"
"What? No!" 

"Every inch of you belongs to me, and if you ever let another man touch you--He'll end up in pieces, and you'll end up tied to my bed and fucked in every hole until my name is the only one you remember. Do you understand?"

"But the rules don't apply to you."

"What did I tell you? You're mine, Sunshine. You're never touching another man unless you want him six feet in the ground. So yes, we're fucking exclusive." 

"You want to fuck, we fuck. You want to date, we date. You want to call me your boyfriend, I'll call you my girlfriend. But for now, let me take care of that needy little pussy of yours, hmmm?"

"I told you, nothing. It was just the lake."
"You can't kill a lake."
"I'll drain every fucking lake and ocean in the world if I have to." 

Twisted Series in Order
1. Twisted Love

Trope



 


No comments:

Post a Comment