Wednesday, September 20, 2023

Summer Storm (Hollywood Connection #3) by Lily Alexander

 


She needs a place to stay. He needs a roommate. Trina is fired after a dating-app hookup gone wrong. On her own and between jobs, apartment hunting is next to impossible. Her best friend suggests she talk to Dallas, who recently moved home and got a place that's a little too big for just him. The arrangement is working perfectly...until one night, when a kiss in the kitchen changes everything. They agree on no-strings, but feelings don't care about agreements. Because of their friendship home has taken on a whole new meaning, but the lure of a job out of state threatens everything they've built together. Summer Storm by Lily Alexander was published in December 2021. This is the third book in Hollywood Connections series. The list of previous books in the series is below. 

I loved Dallas in the second book in the series but I knew that there was more to the eye when it came to him. I wanted....no more like needed to know more about him. So of course was so excited when I found out that Summer Storm was where he was one of the main characters. He did not disappointment in his own book. He was still quirky and still loved to pick on his brothers. But to see them dish it back to him in this book was perfect. I have to say though, some of the history that you learn about Dallas and his relationship in book two helps make him more well rounded. You don't feel like your missing anything. I also love Trina in book two and love her in this book as well. I am so glad that we get to know her even better as she is an amazing best friend. She is well rounded and quirky as well so it made their relationship so easy to picture. Also let's talk about this amazing plot. This plot was so easy to flow from their friendship to lovers. It was so nice to see how they built this amazing friendship so it was an easy slide in. Of course there is some drama but what relationship doesn't have drama. I absolutely adored this book and highly recommend checking this out once you read the first two in the series. 

Quotes that I Loved 

"What's wrong with you people that you need to run? Nobody's chasing you. You know you don't have to run, right?" 

We all fall apart once in awhile. Tacos do it all the time and everyone still loves them. 

"What fucking mold? .....Devon is an actor. Daniel loves numbers. I'm a masochistic workaholic. We're all idiots. I told you before, I don't give a single, solitary fuck about who makes your dick hard." 

"This kind of thing is exactly what every fated couple says before setting off on a harebrained scheme that ends up with them either banging like bunnies, falling in love, horribly broken-hearted, or all of the above." 

"Are you okay?"
"I'm okay."
"I'm so glad you're home."

"I was going to grovel. Apologize. Beg if I needed to. But suddenly find myself starving." 

"You have no idea how much you own me, Terror. It's dangerous." 

Hollywood Connections Series in Order

3. Summer Storm 

Tropes 


No comments:

Post a Comment