Saturday, August 26, 2023

Spring Breeze (Hollywood Connections #2) by Lily Alexander

 


Her fiancé left her at the alter. Now, his best friend is her boss. Addison's life turned upside down when her fiancé took off minutes before their wedding. His best man Dennis was left as the messenger, and she thought it would be the last she saw of him, too. She has to find a new place to live, new friends, a new job and if her best friend has any say, a new man. When Dennis suddenly fits at least two of those categories, he's not so off-limits anymore. Spring Breeze by Lily Alexander was published in September 2021. This is book two of the Hollywood Connections series. 


So this was the book that I read first in this book series. I know it's a huge shock to me as well. Though these books actually work well on being stand-alone. Though you will kind of get what happens in other books in the series. The characters in this book had me laughing at their antics but also at some of the stupid mis-communication. The plot brought me in fast when Addison's life changed at her wedding. Then on how Dennis feels for her and regrets being the one who had to deliver the news. Poor Addison though the news keeps coming. I feel for her throughout this book. I loved the two main characters and a lot of the side characters as well. The two main characters both have a past and you learn about each thing that makes them that way slowly through the whole book. So it's not top heavy book. It's such a cute fun loving book. The plot is amazing where things steadily happens throughout the book but it's not too busy either. I highly recommend reading this book. 

Quotes that I Loved 

"I thought you might be a little more congratulatory. Bagging both sisters? Keeping the secret for months? It was tough, man." 

....but it was still complicated and painful to go through the past, cutting ties with who you no longer were. Even if they were someone you no longer wished to be. 

"You're alright. Come back to me. He's not welcome here." 

"Blushing again means you're remembering naughty things." He pinned me with a look daring me to lie about it. 

"Then there's you. You look like shit. Kind of like you tried to deep-throat a cactus." 

"There's not a single red-blooded woman who doesn't appreciate a man's forearms when they roll up their shirt sleeves, bossman. Yours were up to your elbows and you had a pretty determined look on your face." 
"Makes me feel a certain kind of way." 

Hollywood Connections Series in Order

2. Spring Breeze 

Tropes


No comments:

Post a Comment