Monday, August 14, 2023

Slade (Anchor Me #5) by Lisa Carlisle

 



Slade is Caitlin best friend in the Marines. She doesn't know what to do in Okinawa without him. Yet Slade doesn't know that she is in love with him. He can't know because it would ruin their friendship. Slade hates the way the men treats Caitlyn and it drives him mad. He proposed a temporary situation by proposing. It's a marriage in name only, which is the only way he will be able to convince her. Problem is Slade is in love with her. She means everything to him. Slade by Lisa Carlisle was published in November 2020. This is book five of the Anchor Me series. 

This book had me getting all different feels throughout it. I was sad to see that Caitlin dwelt with sexual attack and the man who did it was still at the same base as her. But also felt like the two of them were so stupid in not seeing that they were in love with each other. I loved this plot so much and it made me really excited when they finally admitted that they were in love. The book did have some slow parts and I felt like Caitlin was well rounded but really wanted to know more about Slade. What made him so protective of the women on base. Has he had someone close to him go through sexual attack. I would love have loved more backstory to him. But it's an amazing book and I recommend checking it out. 

Quotes that I loved 

"This isn't about romance, O'Neill." He gestured in a circular motion. "It's about being practical." 

"Come on, you big, bad Marine. I'll protect you from all the teeny prehistoric monsters on the treacherous walk to the chow hall." 

"I don't want that to happen with you. I can't imagine my life without you in it." 

"Get off of my wife!" He lunged for Davis, yanking him off her. 

Anchor Me Series
3. Matty
4. Jack
5. Slade
6. Mark
7. Leo 

Tropes

No comments:

Post a Comment