Thursday, June 22, 2023

Matty (Anchor Me #3) by Lisa Carlisle

 


Matty is back in Newport and that means I'm in trouble. He's my older brother's best friend who I've crushed on since we were kids. The yearning returns, leaving me just as awkward as I was back then. Meanwhile, my ex has decided he wants to get back together. Never going to happen, no matter how hard he tries. My heart belongs to one man. Matty by Lisa Carlisle was published in July 2020. This is book three in Anchor Me series. 

I absolutely loved Matty in book one and two with his humor so I was looking forward to seeing him in his own book. I was not disappointed. As much as I loved his humor I really felt bad for Matty in this book at the beginning. He was just kicked out of being a Navy SEAL because of a injury in his leg. I also love his counter part in Jenna. Though I really wanted to see what Jenna's brother thought of the whole thing. The plot is a little slow in parts but wasn't to bad once everything started to get more intense. Though some action would have been a lot better. Also maybe some more of them talking about their lives as a kid would have been helpful. I felt like I didn't understand why the two of them were together. How did Matty go she is like a little sister to me to I must have her as my wife. It was a good read other wise. 

Quotes That I Loved

"Spent some time getting my ass kicked in training. And then more ass kicking with some more training and deployments." "Sounds like your ass must be quite sore," She quipped. 

Matty didn't give a shit about the song anymore. They could play Baby Shark on loop as long as he could continue to touch her as she moved this way. "Sure." 

"I'm not going anywhere. I'm like gum stuck on the bottom of your shoe. You can't get rid of me that easily." 

Anchor Me Series
3. Matty
4. Jack
6. Mark
7. Leo 

Tropes


No comments:

Post a Comment