Tuesday, June 6, 2023

Captured Light by Raya Morris Edwards

 


Olivia Barone has had her future planned out for her from the moment she was born. Grow into a beautiful, manicured mafia princess and marry underboss. Lucien Esposito. But when she finally meets him, she realizes he's more dangerous than she ever imagined. He's handsome, ice cold, and hungry for power. But is that exactly what she needs to become the woman she was born to be? Lucien was falsely accused, he endured horrific torture at his boss's hand before his name was cleared. For years, he waited, biding his time and pretending to be idea mafia underboss. Now it's time to make his move. Captured Light by Raya Morris Edwards was published in November 2021. 

Another book that I found on BookTok that I had to read to check out. This book, I started to read when going on a quick road trip with a friend. I was going with her to pick up her mom and drive back to where she lives. This book was so different that I couldn't put it down. Let's talk about the two main characters a bit as this book is A LOT! 
Olivia Barone had to mask her personality so much to be the perfect mafia princess. She had arranged marriage since she was an infant to a guy who was a teenager at the time. CRINGE WORTHY. Her mom literally starved her and if she did anything outside the rules that were so tight her dad would abuse her. She was told that her being a virgin until she wedded her arrange groom was for the mafia greater good. This girl had so many issues that I couldn't wait for her personality to really shine and I hopped that it would happen in this book. I was not disappointed. There is a quote in the book that when the groom says it you know that he was not going to let her hide her true potential but her true personality. Lucien Esposito is an extreme Bad Boy. He has so many layers to his personality and so much past that shape him and in this book you get to peal back each layer of that onion to see glimpse of his personality. That you get to see when it comes to Olivia. Ahh...I wish there was more books on these two characters because I fell in love with them. 

This plot of the book is so perfect. It had so many turns and the author did an amazing job on not revealing everything but leaving little hints. Especially when you are in the mind of one of the main characters. There were places where I wanted to scream at some of the characters and things that I thought was going to happen that didn't. But then find out later explanation of why it didn't. I love the romance in this book though I feel like it was a little rush from oh I like you to oh my goodness I love your every being. But it's normal in a romance novel. This book is the perfect combination of mafia romance and dark romance. Also let's talk about the smut scenes. Make sure you have a fire extinguisher nearby when you read because it's spicy and heat. To some scenes are so hot you will be on fire. 

I highly recommend this book if you like the mafia tropes that come with romance novels. You won't be disappointed as this book has action, romance, and smut. 

Tropes


Quotes that I Like

"I wondered why you were so thin," he murmured. "You don't look as if you should be, you look like you should have...curves. But I can see your whole collarbone, pressing up under your skin. It's awful." I blinked, glaring at the ground. "Thank you, I've always wanted to be awful." 

I wanted to fuck her on that fifty-thousand dollar antique bed until he broke into pieces. 

"Men are like rooks, we have to face our enemies straight on. But women, they are the queen, they are deadly, and they can move any way they want." "I hardly think I'm the queen," I said. "You will be when I'm done with you, " he said. 

"I want you to be a good girl and come around my cock." 

"Good girl." 


No comments:

Post a Comment