Thursday, June 15, 2023

Driven Series Books 1-3 by K. Bromberg

 


Colton Donavan lives on that razor thin edge toward out of control. Whether it's on the track or off of it, everything he wants is at his fingertips: success, willing women, media attention. Everything that is, but me. I'm the exception this reckless bad boy can't seem to win over. Driven by K. Bromberg was published in May 2013. This is book one of the Driven series. 

So, I started to read this because I really want to read books before I watch them. This book was made into a movie on Passionflix. First let's talk about the two main characters. Rylee Thomas is our leading female. She is still dealing with the death of her fiancé and her baby. Also finding out that she was also damaged in the car accident that she won't be able to have a baby. She has so many faults but also she is so strong. Which is needed when it comes Colton. I felt like I could really picture who she was. Colton...wow is he a mess. He's the bad boy of bad boys to a T. He has so many faults that I had to try to find some of the good for him. In this book, I really hated Colton and really wanted to find some good from him. The plot of this book is a little all over the place. There were many many downs in this book but I am not sure if it was all on purpose or if some of it or not. It's a great story and while I was trying to figure it all out. I am glad that I stuck with it. 

 Quotes That I like 
"Sorry, I don't waste my time on misogynist jerks like you. Go find someone ---" 

"She also taught me that when I want something, I need to keep after it until I get it." Great, so now I've acquired a stalker. A handsome, sexy, very annoying stalker. 

"I don't ever want to hear you refer to yourself as a whore again." 

"I. Can't. Resist. You." 


What happens when the one person you never expected suddenly happens to be the one you'll fight the hardest to keep? Colton stole my heart. He wasn't supposed to, and I sure as hell didn't want him to, but he crashed into my life, ignited feelings within me that I thought had died forever, and fueled a passion that I never knew could exist. Fueled by K. Bromberg was published in August 2013. 

So I went right into book two after I finished book one because book one finished on a massive cliffhanger (Not Nice...K. Bromberg). So in book 1 Rylee was the one who changed the most but in book two this is where Colton comes out to play with the BIG LEAGUES. I felt like I could get to know this Colton guy in this book a lot better. Also the smut in these books are on FIRE! I actually was starting to egg the characters on in my mind to fight more. Why....because their passion really comes out to play when they are fighting. I felt like the writing in this book was a lot better in not flopping a lot. I had an easier time following Rylee's thoughts and what was happening in the book. Also...I really love some of the side characters in this book. Let's just say Rylee and Colton have some amazing supportive friends. There were times in the book where you will want to kill Colton because he makes a lot of mistakes and doesn't want to follow rules. I also need to warn you that if you cry or even don't cry about books you might be in a rude awakening because I am not a crier and I was crying in this book. On to Book 3. 
Quotes That I Loved 
"C'mon, spill the deets for dried up old me. How's his Aussie kiss? How many times did he make you come when you went to his house?" 

"Damn. That face is a definite work of art. You need to make sure you frame it between your legs every chance you get." 

 "Too bad you shaved," I say, fighting the smirk I want to give him. "I kinda liked the roughness of it between my thighs." 


When life crashes down around us, how hard are we willing to fight for the one thing we can't live without, each other? Crashed by K. Bromberg was published March 2014. This is book three of the series. This book was a Goodreads Choice Award Nominee for Romance in 2014. 

Ahh....book two ended on another massive cliffhanger (I am glaring at you K. Bromberg). Then this book starts off in this weird chapter where you question everything. I came so close to closing this series and walking away if things didn't change. Anyway, I can't say so much about this book but the smut and the romance in this book are absolutely amazing. But there is so much so much drama coming in from all different directions as well. But you know what....I think this was K. Bromberg best book of the series for sure. I absolutely loved this book so much and I think I experienced every single emotion while reading this book. I think my family was getting worried. I highly recommend reading this book. 

Quotes That I Loved 

"Good, because, Ry, I want to be your first, your last, and every fucking thing in between." 

"....I want to know you feel just as fucking alive inside as you make me." 

"...I want to be your sigh, your moan, your cry out in pleasure and every fucking sound in between." 


Tropes 







No comments:

Post a Comment