Sunday, June 25, 2023

The Other Bennett Brother: A Sweet Romantic Comedy (The Bennett Family Book #1) by Jaycee Howard

 


When my best friend asks me to be his fake girlfriend for his family's reunion, I hardly hesitate. Who wouldn't want to help their friend in an obviously dire situation? There are a few things he's neglected to tell me though...like how his family is apparently mega-rich and this reunion practically takes over the entire town. Or that this trip would lead me everywhere from poison ivy fiascos to blazing down the trail on a runaway horse to shopping for wedding dresses with his family. Most importantly, he failed to mention that he has a brother who was basically plucked from my fantasies with a glaze that sends chills up my spine despite the August heat. The Other Bennett Brother by Jaycee Howard was published in May 2023. This is book one of The Bennett Family series. 

This is what I like to call a clean romance. Which means there is no smut through out this book. Let's talk about the main three characters though. The leading female has her own issues that you get to see throughout the book. Though a lot of causes some humor in the books. Then her best friend (who is a guy) has his own issues. Some of which I am like, "What the hell." But you see him grow at the very end of the book and it looks like the next book might be for him. The main guy character is one of my favorites. He has his own issues and yet it's in a cute way. The poison ivy issue makes me giggle just thinking about it. The plot in this book is so cute and light hearted. Obviously there is some sexual tension but none that are over the top Alpha mode. I love the humor scenes throughout this book. The ending of this book makes me swoon and giggle. I highly recommend checking out this book if you are needing a break from dark romance and need some clean romance fun. 

Quotes That I Loved 

"A grown man living off Lunchables?" "Hey, don't bash them. They're like a charcuterie board to-go." 

She laughs, a loud, genuine laugh that brought back all kinds of "user errors" in my head. I needed to get ahold of myself quickly otherwise I really was going to make a complete idiot of myself before the week was over. 

"I need to go shopping with them like I need a knife in the chest." 

"I kind of like awkward." He says quieter than before and every sense in my body dies a little. Hedidnotjustsaythat. Hedidnotjustsaythat. Hedidnotjustsaythat. 

Tropes


No comments:

Post a Comment