Friday, June 9, 2023

Rescuing Rayne (Delta Force Heroes #1) by Susan Stoker

 


As a flight attendant, Rayne Jackson is used to cancellations, but she never dreamed her latest would lead to a whirlwind tour of London with a handsome stranger...or a life-altering night in his bed. One evening is all the enigmatic man can give her, and Rayne greedily takes it, despite suspecting it will never be enough. Rescuing Rayne by Susan Stoker was published in January 2016. This is book one in the Delta Force Heroes series. 

This was actually the very first book that I read of Susan Stoker. I know...I am throwing you all off. It was on kindleunlimited and I thought this sounds good so I checked it out. I was not at all disappointed in this book. Let's talk about the main characters. 

So in this book you get to meet Rayne Jackson who is a flight attendant. Rayne is someone I see as likes to live on the caution side. Not someone who likes to live dangerously and yet she knows she stuck. So she decided for once to fight against her personality and threw it to the wind. I see herself fighting herself a lot in this book in the first part of the book. But while you are sort of in her mind you really get her personality. She has faults and that is also her strength later on. She is not flat all and I love how we learn more and more about her throughout this book. Keane "Ghost" Bryson is the alpha male to a tee. He doesn't leave you falling on your face in personality. He had this tough side to him but then slowly you see more of his tenderness. I mean not every tough guy will sit on a bench and let someone just enjoy staring at a building. Also he face-timed his mom so she could see the building. 

The plot starts a little slow in the beginning which is fine as the author is trying to get the setting down and the personality of the two characters. But it speeds up pretty quick and soon you can't put this book down. I really love the relationship between Rayne and Ghost. Their relationship isn't easy from the very moment they met each other to when they reconnect. I really love that and I love that both characters have faults and that makes them feel like I know them personally. I highly recommend this amazing book you won't be disappointed. 

Delta Force Heroes Series in Order 
6. Rescuing Bryn
7. Rescuing Casey
7.5. Rescuing Sadie
8. Rescuing Wendy
9. Rescuing Mary
9.5. Rescuing Macie
10. Rescuing Annie 

Tropes



Quotes 

"Guys like him...they aren't the flowers - and - candy type. He probably won't take you out to a romantic dinner. I don't see him renting a plane and having it fly a banner declaring his love for you." 

"Romance isn't about the outer trappings society has pushed down our throats from the time we were little. It's showing in all the little ways that you care about the person you're with...." 

"You're doing out laundry."
"Yeah, Ghost. I am," she repeated. 
"Ours. Our laundry."
"Did you hit your head today? I'm seriously worried about you." 

"Hell, buy twelve boxes of tampons and three bottles of prenatal vitamins. That'll confuse the clerk for sure.' 



No comments:

Post a Comment