Friday, July 14, 2023

Rescuing Emily (Delta Force Heroes #2) by Susan Stoker

 


Renting out the apartment over his garage shouldn't be life-changing decision, but when Delta soldier Cormac "Fletch" meets Emily Grant, he feels an instant connection. He can't stand the thought of Emily and her young daughter living anywhere unsafe. Offering cheap rent is a small price to pay for their safety...and Fletch's peace of mind. Being a single mother is difficult at best, but renting the extremely affordable space from Fletch makes Emily's life a lot easier...until it doesn't. Suddenly all the money she's saving thanks to Fletch's generosity is going into the hands of a blackmailer. And what little food Emily can afford goes to her daughter Annie, so the girl doesn't go to bed hungry...leaving Emily weaker and weaker. Rescuing Emily by Susan Stoker was published in July 2016. This is book two of the Delta Force Heroes series. 


So unlike the other books this book has three main characters. I know I know you are asking how can it have three. Well, I count Emily, Fletch, and Annie as the three main characters. So let's talk about the characters. Emily is a single mom of Annie and she is trying to find a place that safe for her daughter to live. When she comes to the apartment above a military guy's garage. At first she is trying to keep her daughter out of trouble and out of the guy's way. But also is confused over what she was feeling with the guy. Then came in the villian who is trying to ruin everything and Emily is strong headed and trying to protect her daughter. She decides to not eat much at all. She is extremely well rounded and you fall in love with Emily. As Emily is just trying to be the best mom to her amazing little girl. She does have her faults but in this book she really grows from them. Fletch in this book has his own faults but also he has a lot on his plate in this book. He has really grown from enjoying the quietness of his house to enjoying the little company of a little girl. He is over protective at times but you can't fault him for it. It's really fun to watch him grow as a character. Okay, Annie is a cute little girl who loves to play in dirt and loves all military things. She makes you giggle through out the this story but also cry at how brave this sweet girl is. You will absolutely fall in love with this little girl. Good thing she's in other books in the series. 

The plot of this story is amazing and there is several twist and turns. There is not much smut in these books but that is okay. You won't find romance lacking at all between the three characters. Yes, you watch the love of Fletch has for the little girl and vice versa. Also the love that Annie has for all of Fletch's teammates. It's a cute story and it's one of my favorites by Susan Stoker. I really wish there was an Annie in all her series she is that special. I highly recommend that you check out this sweet love story with some drama involved. 

Quotes That I Loved 

"What's up with Mary and Truck?" Emily asked Fletch once everyone had left. He shrugged. "They like each other, but neither will admit it." 
"They're acting like grade-school kids." 
"Yup." Fletch was smiling. "But it's amazing as hell. I can't wait until they both let go of whatever it is that's holding them back and go for it." 

"You probably don't remember this, and I'm not bringing it up now to embarrass you, but last night you told me that you'd fantasized about me. Well the feeling's mutual. You've been driving me crazy since the day you moved in. I have made love to you in my mind more than I'm comfortable admitting. But it's not just about sex. I want to take you out. I want to tuck Annie into her bed at night and read her a bedtime story. I want to sit across from you at the table and watch you smile at something I've said. In case I'm not making myself clear, I want to date you, Miracle Emily Grant. You and your daughter." 
"Oh." Emily blushed a fiery red, but didn't comment further. 

"Lord love a duck, he was lethal." 

Delta Force Heroes Series in Order 
2. Rescuing Emily
6. Rescuing Bryn
7. Rescuing Casey
7.5. Rescuing Sadie
8. Rescuing Wendy
9. Rescuing Mary
9.5. Rescuing Macie
10. Rescuing Annie 

Tropes


No comments:

Post a Comment