Saturday, July 15, 2023

Texas C.H.A.O.S. (Texas Heroes #2) by Sable Hunter


The letters C.H.A.O.S. don't just refer to reality out of control, it's an alert-the Chief Has Arrived on Scene! Logan Gray is that chief. He covers the ground he stands on and people show respect when he walks by. In his late thirties, Logan is a confirmed bachelor. While he may adore the young Jenna from afar, at 18, he considers her to be a lifetime too young for him. Texas C.H.A.O.S. by Sable Hunter was published in October 2015. This is book two of the Texas Heroes series. 

Let me first give a warning. I love to read different type of books but I always told me self that I would not force myself to finish a book I didn't like. It's a good way for me to get turned off of reading. I know that from many years of being forced to read books that I didn't like when I was in school. Also, I promised that when I review books that I will give my honest review no matter how much I didn't like the subject of the book. So that being said...this book is one of those books. 

Let's talk about the elephant in the room first. This book was not my cup of tea. Now I have read best friend dad stories fine. But this book just gave me a huge creep factor. I am sure it's because the main character Logan is in high power and he took a sixteen year old girl in his care as a foster daughter. But he has fallen in love with her outside a father daughter relationship. He fell in love with her like she was his lover. The girl fell in love with him as he was her lover. Of course nothing happened and the girl is now 18. This really turned up my ick factor. I was okay for awhile in the book but then it got so much after a scorching kiss that I could not continue. Now, this book has sat half read for a while on my kindle shelf. Every few weeks I would try it again but I could not finish this book. So let's talk a bit outside the plot of what I know. 

The two main characters seem both rounded that it felt like you could know them (which might be the cause of me ickiness). Logan had faults and he did have a good heart when taking in this teen girl so she wasn't sent away. The girl is the same way. She has many faults like most teen girls do but also has some of her own strengths. 

I am not going to say I recommend or don't recommend reading this book. Because I couldn't finish it and that is my own not of the book. 

Quotes that I Loved

"When you're feeling better. I want to make love to you. I've saved myself for you." 





No comments:

Post a Comment