Sunday, July 16, 2023

Ruthless Royals Duet (Ruthless Crown and Ruthless Queen) by Amanda Richardson

 


Their names are whispers in the hallways. Hunter, Ash, Ledger, and Samson. The Kings. Four of the most beautiful men I've ever seen, with cruel agendas and even crueler regn over Ravenwood Academy. Wreaking havoc in our small, New England town, no one asks questions. For the most part, people ignore or avoid them. After all, they're royalty here. Because one of them-the cruelest one-is the headmaster's son. And my new stepbrother. Ruthless Crown by Amanda Richardson was published in August 2021. This is book one of Ruthless Royals series. 

I am not one to really read a lot of reverse harem but when I do it's usually because the book interest me enough to get passed one female with lots of guys. This book has one female named Briar. Briar has had a lot going on in the past couple of years. At the beginning of the book you know something happened at her old school that caused her to go to therapies. Also you know that her mother married a guy that Briar barely knows who has a son the same age who she has never met. Briar is trying to figure who she is and how to become a strong individual. She has a lot of faults in the beginning of the book but you follow her path in finding herself. Her stepbrother is Hunter. Hunter is apart of this group called The Kings. He's the leader of the pack and his dad is the dean of their school. You know he is dealing with his own demons but you just don't know how many there are. But you also know that he is ruthless to anyone who wants to be. He is also very close to his friends. Ash is the son of the mayor and he has the sexual mouth alive. He is dealing with the physical abuse of her his father and his father putting his mom in a mental hospital. Ledger parents are super religious and in a cult for that religion which led Ledger being abused as well as his older brother. Then there is Samson who is the nerd of the group. Each character is rounded with their own backstory that comes out which is perfect. When Briar learns of the backstory the reader learns it as well. 

The plot of this story is interesting and you really need to read book two to see it come to the end. There are parts in the book that are slow that could have been rushed or even dropped out of the book. Then there are pieces that felt rushed but should have been slowed down a little bit. But the smut in this book is extremely full of smut. They are extremely spicy. It's nice though that Briar has a different relationship with each guy and does spend some one on one time with each of them but also spends time with all of them. This book is interesting and I try to not know that they are in high school. I recommend checking out this book. 

Quotes that I Loved 

His eyes travel down my body briefly before he cocks his head, like an animal studying their prey. 

"Is that why you let Ash finger fuck you in the car just now?" 

She's my kryptonite, and I knew the instant we met that staying away from her was never going to be an option. 






Book 2 is below so down scroll down if you don't want to be spoiled. 




After making a pact with them, they help me get revenge on the one man who wronged me. I'm not the same meek, little girl that got taken advantage of. Now, I have four ruthless guys willing to risk everything for me. The only problem is, I promised them everything I had in return for their help. So while I may be the new Queen of Ravenwood, the Kings still own me, body and soul. And I'm not quite sure I'm ready to hand over my crown. Ruthless Queen by Amanda Richardson was published in September 2021. This book two in Ruthless Royals series. 

The characters are still the same from book two but a lot of the guys are settled in some as some of their problems are not there anymore. Ash is now trying to figure out his life with his mom in his life once again. But now Briar is the one dealing with things in her life and the boys are trying to protect her. Her rapist that she almost killed back at her old life before Hunter and the the Kings is back. He is hunting Briar and is now trying to do something to her. He stalking her as sometimes he is seen then there are times they don't know where he is. Also the Kings and now the Queen is trying to figure out how to move about with their relationship. Briar is trying to get her friends again to like her as well. So lots of weird movement in this book that can kind of get you all confused on what is going on. Also the ending is kind of strange as it fast forwards quite a lot. I really did wish I could see them in each step in their life rather then be talked about by one character. It's a great story and it really does finish the Duet out. 

Quotes I Loved 

For all the ladies who've ever been shamed for reading romance. Fuck the haters. 

We have way too much fun, and after my mom goes to bed, he hoists me up onto the kitchen counter, screwing me senselessly-and quietly, so we don't wake our parents. 

I want you to think of me - and only me - when one of the other guys fuck you tomorrow. That I got here first. Just tomorrow. And then I can e a good boy and go back sharing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment