Saturday, August 12, 2023

Revved (Revved #1) by Samantha Towle

 


Race car mechanic Andressa "Andi" has one rule - no dating drivers. With a good reason behind the rule, she has no plans on breaking it. Carrick Ryan is the bad boy of Formula One. With a face and body that melts panties on sight, and an Irish lilt that leaves women on their knees, begging for more. He races hard and parties harder. The youngest driver to ever sign with F1, he's still at the top of his game five years later, breaking hearts on and off the tracks. When Andi is offered her dream job working in the glamorous world of F1, she leaves her home in Brazil, positive she can handle working of Carrick. But she's not prepared for the off-the-chart sparks that fly the moment they meet. Revved by Samantha Towle was published in March 2015. This is the first book of the Revved series. 

This book is had my emotions going on roller coaster. I really felt bad for Andi after she watched her dad die in a car wreck. But, this book I felt like some of the characters were lacking in area. I really like how we get a lot of back story of Andi throughout the book. I love how she wanted a connection to her dad who died when she was young. But somehow she felt off I felt like she was trying too much to be this character. Carrick, I really loved some of his antics but we didn't really get to know much about him. I think that is why I found it hard to see that two main characters fall in love. I needed more from both of them. Then the book would speed up so far I felt like it was missing scenes that could have been there. Then there were times where I felt like it was dragging and it could have missed some scenes. There are some really good scenes that you will fall in love with the characters. But this book was no one of my favorites. 

Favorite Quotes 

Grinning, he gives me a look straight from the sex devil. "Aw, Andressa, baby, if you give me some...I'll make it worth your while. It can be our little secret. I won't tell anyone. I promise." 
"How do you manage to make a conversation about bacon sound dirty?" 

"It doesn't matter." 
"When it comes to you, everything matters." 

"Tell me to fuck you, Andressa." 

"You want to fuck me? Or you want to be with me? Because I can't do one without the other. I can't keep fucking you and then losing you, Andressa. I need you. All of you." 

Tropes 





No comments:

Post a Comment