Sunday, August 13, 2023

Jack (Anchor Me #4) by Lisa Carlisle

 


Vivi last deployment left her wounded, ending her military career. Now she is a college student in Boston and volunteer at a nearby cat shelter. She spends more time with the cats then the real world. Until a fundraiser when she runs into a man that she chould never have. She looked to escape. As she was no longer the same person he remembers. No longer whole. Jack is reentry into the civilian world presents a whole new challenges. Like what does he do next? When his mom and sister drag him to gala raising money for cats, he sees a woman he has not forgotten. They met in Okinawa and he has always been thinking about her. Jack by Lisa Carlisle was published in August 2020. This is book four of the Anchor Me series and book two in Recalled to Love series. 

I really enjoyed the other three books in this series so I was kind of surprised that this one did not feel the same way. I felt like this one was dragging and sometimes felt that Jack was annoying. This book does not have much of any smut. The plot has a good base but I felt like I was bored a lot throughout the book. I could not get a good feel on Jack or even Vivi. They both felt flat and seemed like so much a like to each other. I had to dig deep to see why there was feelings on both sides for each other. I just could not picture it. 
Quotes that I Loved 

"But I'm not under your watch." She raised her brows. He leaned closer to her. "Oh yes, you are, Vivi." His tone dropped to a rich, sensual tone. "In case you haven't noticed, I've been watching you all night." 

He noted, "Ah, we avoided a cat-astrophy." 

"I'll wait out here." He gave her a devastating grin that made her mind fuzzy again. "I don't think he'll want to see me until my Jolly Roger lowers its sails." 

Anchor Me Series
4. Jack
6. Mark
7. Leo 

Tropes 



No comments:

Post a Comment