Saturday, June 17, 2023

Vince (Anchor Me #2) by Lisa Carlisle

 


After my divorce, I was a hot mess. One night after catering a wedding, I ended up escaping reality for a little while with a hot Marine. Six months later, I discover the EOD tech I'd been emailing for a work project is the same Marine from the wedding. And we'll be working together over the next couple of weeks. Awkward. Vince by Lisa Carlisle was published in June 2020. This is the second book in Anchor Me series. 

I really liked this book about Vince and Emma. It makes me giggle when characters are like this is just going to be a one-night stand and we are all like, "NAH...." Vince in this book grew quickly in protecting Emma but also in falling in love with this sweet girl. He has his own faults which is he is cocky but he grows and learns from his mistakes. Emma has several faults a lot of which she just doesn't trust herself. But I love hearing bout her background. The plot of this story was not what I thought it would be like. I thought it would be similar to book one where Vince is trying to protect Emma from something and she comes to near death experience. But it did not which is okay and I rather liked how it was different then the other book. I highly recommend checking out this amazing book. 
Quotes That I Loved 

"To make up for a loud night and messy cleanup ahead, how about I take you out tomorrow, Emma?" 

"....Was it that cringe-inducing?" She laughed and playfully punched his bicep. "No, you goof. It was good." "Just good?" he prodded. "Pretty good. Better?" "Not epic? World-shaking? Shag-a-licious?" 

"No sex." He laughed. 'I didn't say that." She fixed her gaze on him. "You were thinking it." 

Anchor Me Series
2. Vince 
4. Jack
6. Mark
7. Leo 

Trope








No comments:

Post a Comment