Tuesday, June 13, 2023

When Love & Hate Collide by Shayla Hart

 


Have you ever met someone and immediately loathed everything about their very existence? I have. Dean Reyes. The devil's most prized portage. And ultimately...my ruin. I had the misfortune of meeting him when we were just five years old when the Turners moved onto our street, and my mother forced me into being friends and playing with him. Our friendship lasted a total of five minutes before he left me sobbing at the playground after harshly informing me that he will never be friends with a girl and that I should never speak to him again. Much to his dismay, his twin sister Ashlyn and I become best friends. When Love & Hate Collide by Shayla Hart was published in June 2014. 

This is another one of those books that I saw multiple reels on Instagram and had to check it out myself. First let's talk about the two main characters. The female who has a weird name, I feel like she has a lot going on. She grew up while away for college with her friend. Okay, that seems like it could happen. But man does this girl got on my nerves. I somehow pictured her voice very whiny like in my head and felt like she whined a lot. I felt like she had nothing going on for her and really needed more from her. The middle of the book I tended to like her better. Now the boy in this book, I hated him at the very beginning but then I grew to really like him. I loved his personality in this book. Okay this plot just felt really off to me. I had a hard time buying the whole they didn't know who each other were because they changed so much while apart. I mean come on you two grew up together and spend time daily in the same house. How could you not figure it out. Also the plot just felt flat to me. Don't get me wrong there was a lot of humor and smut galore through this book but it was lacking. The cliffhanger at the end was interesting and I still can't find the next book. So not even sure if the author wrote a second book. All in all if you want a good smut this book is great. But if you need a good story-line maybe you might pass this by. 

Book Tok Made me Do It


Quotes That I Liked

"Do you plan on standing there gawping at me all night, princess, or do you want to get out of my way?" 

"If you're looking for a dirty habit to indulge in Angel, I'll readily volunteer myself as a substitute." 

"Mind my business?" he intones darkly. "She is my business. You just put your hands on my girl which now gives me the privilege and satisfaction to reach down your throat and rip your fucking spleen out." 

"Make a mistake once and it becomes a lesson, repeat that mistake a second time and it becomes a choice, JJ." 




No comments:

Post a Comment