Monday, June 5, 2023

The Pucking Wrong Number (Pucking Wrong #1) by by C.R. Jane

 


One text to the wrong number...mine...and everything changed. He won't tell me his last name, and maybe that should throw up a thousand red flags, but when I'm all alone in a new city and struggling to make ends meet, his texts are the lifeline I've been desperate for. But I never would have answered that text if I'd known that Lincoln Daniels, superstar hockey player extraordinaire was the one sending them. He's trying to sweep me off my feet now. He says he's obsessed. The Pucking Wrong Number by C.R. Jane was published in May 2023. This is book one of Pucking Wrong series. 

I like dark romance and I also like hockey romance. What I didn't expect was this book was both dark romance and hockey romance. I thought I was reading a normal hockey romance with some smut. What I got was hockey, smut ridden, dark, stalker, billionaire romance. But I need to warn you this book was on the edge of put down and walk away for me. It was riding a very thin line. I also think I came close to chucking my kindle across the room. But first let's talk about the characters...

Monroe made my heart hurt so much with all that she went through growing up. The abuse she received with her mom and then with her foster home. Never did I want to rip someone out of a book and strangle them before this awesome foster dad. Anyways, I wanted to invite the poor girl to my house so she could feel loved. But also wanted to know more about the amazing homeless man. Anyways, Monroe is such a complex character but so naïve in most of this story that it shocks me with all that she went through to not pick up the many many red flags. Lincoln....what can I say about the villian (he's the main character). Lincoln caused so many red flags being thrown. He is the man that all of us mom's want to protect our sweet daughters from. Though we did get some background info on Lincoln. I still don't think it was enough to know what caused him to be this way. 

The plot in this book, started slow as you are going through some of what Monroe dwelt with growing up. Though she finds a sweet unexpected hero who was not Lincoln mind you. I do really want to know more about the unexpected hero but you don't know much in the book. Bummer. Anyways the book picks up once Monroe and Lincoln meet. It starts off really sweet then took a small weird turn at first. The readers will know when it happens but it wasn't explained as you were in Monroe's head. Anyways, then it took a turn where my kindle almost flew across the room. I also wish I had a flag to wave and be like.....Monroe "RED FLAG." Also yelling a lot at Lincoln. Anyways after that you will be throwing a lot of red flags and screaming at Lincoln. There was two points that had me screaming, "GO MONROE!". The ending was not what I wanted but I could totally see it happening. 

All in all if you are into the stalking type of books this is a great book for you. If you are into the hockey romance...you might want to just back away slowly and hope that Lincoln did not see you. Also...booktok made me read it. 

Tropes 



Quotes 
"You think you don't have a claim on me?" he finally growled, breaking the sex-fueled silence. "You think it's possible for anyone else to exist now that I've found you?" 

"When did you -?" My words trailed off...because, really, what did you say about a dick tattoo of your name?

I'd never let her leave, I thought as I drove. No matter what, I'd make her happy, even if it meant locking her up and waiting for fucking Stockholm Syndrome to take hold. 

My absolute favorite quote: Anstad. That was his name. I needed to use that in my head before he took on the life of Voldemort and I started referring to him as "He Who Must Not Be Named." 

No comments:

Post a Comment