Wednesday, June 7, 2023

Captured Ecstasy by Raya Morris Edwards

 


Promising young soprano, Rosalia Antonucci, wants nothing more than to attend an expensive music academy for vocal arts. She unexpectedly finds the solution in the mysterious Peregrine Calo, the wealthy diplomat for the Italian-American mafia. What she thought was a simple marriage of convenience becomes something more as she is pulled into Peregrine's dark world. Captured Ecstasy by Raya Morris Edwards was published in October 2022. 

I really liked another book by Raya Morris Edwards that I stumbled upon booktok so I thought heck I should check out this one. This one was different then the other. It was not as much mafia driven as the other book. But this book was intense in the smut areas. Let's first talk about the famous main characters. 

Rosalia, I felt terrible with how her family treated her not as much as Olivia from the other book. Though Rosalie was more mental abused then anything with her family. They ignored her and she just did her own thing. So not surprising to see she just does what Peregrine wants. She felt a little flat to me as I wanted to know more of her thoughts about everything. I was confused in the way she did think though and how she could fall in love with him and trust him right away. Peregrine...first off...why Raya did you name him that. I don't even know how to pronounce his name so it was hard to focus on him. He was intense in the bedroom but I wanted more of him. He was gone for a lot of the book so I didn't get to know him enough to fall in love with him. Which made me super sad. 

The plot was okay, it was not the greatest as I felt like didn't have a build up. They were instantly having sex when the main characters did not know each other. Also I wanted to see Peregrine beat the crap out her step-brother. But alas he did not. I felt like the whole book was lacking especially considering I read another book from this author. It had a great....I mean amazing smut scenes that really make you think. Never though that fear was a turn on. It's a decent book and will be a good read. Worth a check. 

Tropes



Quotes That I Liked

Political science, international relations, foreign policy, and to top it off, a law degree. It didn't feel like school at that point, it felt like bragging. Like he was taunting the world. Do your worst. I can take it. I'm Peregrine fucking Calo. 

"Sheath your claws, kitten," he said coolly. "They're not any use against me." 

"Fuck, look at you being such a good girl for me." 

"Peregrine bent, taking my face in his hand. "Put your tongue out," he ordered. I obeyed and he let the saliva drip from his mouth and into mine and I went over the edge. - I am adding this but I gagged at the thought of this happening....shudder. 



No comments:

Post a Comment