Tuesday, June 27, 2023

Hunting Adeline (Cat and Mouse Duet #2) by H.D. Carlton

 


DISCLAIMER: DO NOT READ THIS POST WITHOUT READING BOOK 1!!!!!!!!!!!!



l
l
l
v

The Diamond: Death walks alongside me, but the reaper is no match for me. I'm trapped in a world full of monsters dressed as men, and those aren't as they seem. They won't keep me forever. 
The Hunter: I was born a predator, with ruthlessness ingrained in my bones. When what's mine is stolen from in the night, like a diamond hidden within a fortress, I find that I can no longer contain the beast. Hunting Adeline by H.D. Carlton was published in January 2022. This is the second and last book of Cat and Mouse duet. This book was nominated for Swoon Award for Romantic Suspense in 2022. 

I thought the first book in this duet was going to make my heart fall out of my chest from of the scenes. But this book takes the cake. The main characters are still the same two amazing people Adeline and Zade. But now Adeline has been kidnapped by not so nice people and she is being immersed into the sex trade rings. Which means she is the product and has to be groomed by some nasty ass people. So Adeline grew a lot in the first book with Zade and really got to know herself. In this book though Adeline has a different change to her. She has to learn to be a survivor. She has to learn how to protect herself and not fall victims to people who are currently worse then Zade. Zade has gone absolutely crazy trying to find Adeline. I think he feels totally lost without her in his life now that he had her. So...you see him scrambling and falling to pieces. Though he does find a new way in life towards the end of the book. The plot in this book is amazing with it's ups and downs and going on a rollercoaster like the first one. Though be careful there is many drops where you don't think you will recover. The plot is great. I just wish there was no big jumps in the time-line as much. I think this book could have survived being split into several books. The author really does know how to right and really gets a lot of the feelings out in the paper when it's each character. The ending is amazing and I really wish I could see more of their life after this book. Pretty Please.... Anyways...I highly recommend this book so much. 

Quotes That I Loved 

God, is this what being alive feels like? It can't be death. I'd be at peace if it were. And I may have fallen for a stalker, but I'll be damned if I didn't land a spot within heaven's gates. I fucking earned that shit. 

I don't know why I got tossed into this shit, but they need to take me out of this fucked-up salad of depravity; I don't belong here. I belong in a salad full of fruits and vegetables. Healthy things that don't run me off the road and enslave me. 

yes, pedo master, I would forget all about Zade and only think of you and your small, puny cock. 

Good job, little mouse," he praises, his voice deep and smooth as butter. 

Tropes


No comments:

Post a Comment