Sunday, June 11, 2023

Angelo (Anchor Me #1) by Lisa Carlisle

 


A stranger has been warning me about my research for the government. My coworkers tell me not to worry, but it bothers me. I can't let it show, though. This is my first time as a project lead. At least, a weekend wedding in Newport promises a much needed escape. But when I come face to face with Angelo DeMarchis, that illusion shatters. Angelo by Lisa Carlisle was published in April 2020. This is the first book of Anchor Me series. 

It makes me laugh when I read books and read the famous words, "I am never getting married." Why, does it make me laugh because we all know in romance novels after you utter those words that means that you are going to be the next one walking down that aisle. Let's first though talk about the two main characters. 

Angelo DeMarchis is a macho guy who is home on leave and going to a cousin's wedding. So I chuckle with Angelo faults as he wants to do things his way and no one can go against that. But you see him grow through the books and you end up falling in love with this big hunk of man. Catherine is a sweet lady who just seems to be having some weird things happening to her. No one will listen to her about this guy sending letters to her and threatening her. She feels like she is on her own. She of course has her own faults but also grows through the story. 

The plot of this story has some slow parts and then in others you feel like things are jumping around. But it's a sweet story and there is a little smut in it. The smut though is tame compare to some of the other books I have read in the past. I enjoyed this story and could see both characters in this book. I do wish there was more action both in the bedroom and outside of it to help spead up the slow parts. But it was not a bad read. 
Anchor Me Series
1. Angelo 
4. Jack
6. Mark
7. Leo 

Tropes



Quotes That I liked 
"You feel so good, Cate." He murmured against her neck, a smooth velvet murmur that sent shivers of delight through her. "Worth the wait." 

"It took a long time to get over you." Her tone softened. "Seeing you here again, I don't know if I ever truly did." She forced a smile and shrugged. "You're the one who got away." 

"....When you find the right one for you, all those ideas of what you think you want in your life vanish. Your heart recognizes what you need."

No comments:

Post a Comment