Wednesday, May 31, 2023

Fatal Cure (Secrets and the City #2) by Kathy Lockheart

 


Hunting the enemy is dangerous. Falling for him is deadly. An aspiring DEA agent has one goal in life: to dismantle the drug organizations that destroyed her family. A drug kingpin has two rules that keep him alive: never get caught and never fall in love. Too bad for him, she's about to break them both. Fatal Cure by Kathy Lockheart was published in March 2022. This is the second book of Secrets and the City series. 

BookTok did it again and had me go searching for this book to find out if it's as good as the videos have portrayed it. I have to say as I first started to read this book I was like who the heck is Dillon and does he know who she is. Was this his master plan to kill her. This book has some slow and some confusing parts that were easy to overlook when you got to the steamy parts in this book. When I mean steam I mean it is so steamy that you are not quite sure if you are just picturing the scene before you or are you actually reading about it. Each steamy scene were different then each other. Though, I felt like their relationship I felt was rushed and there was not much personality there. But it was a great story and I really enjoyed the plot line. 

Quotes that I Loved 

"It's already too late. I don't care about your apologies or if you're trying to get clean for the zillionth time. I give up on you, Dad," I declared. "I finally don't give a crap why you picked up the drugs because you know what? It doesn't matter. It took me a while to figure out that I don't care." 

"I'm not your girlfriend." "If you think I'm gonna let this slide, you clearly don't know me very well." 

"Says the guy who won't get medical attention for a gunshot wound." 
Tropes


No comments:

Post a Comment