Tuesday, May 30, 2023

Distance (Beneath the Mask #1) by Luna Mason

 


Keller from a poor, underground street fighter, I rose to fame as the world heavyweight boxing champion. No one knew I was also a monster who hunted in the shadows. Trapped in the mafia until my debts were paid. A simple deal held my freedom - unify my belts. It seemed simple until an enchanting British firecracker landed on my lap, knocking me sideways. Distance by Luna Mason was published in March 2023. This is book one in the Beneath the Mask series. 

So this book has been circling Instagram reels for awhile and I am sure it's happening on TikTok as well. Especially have seen quotes that pulled me into the book more then once. So I finally needed a break from the series I am working through and decided to check this book out. More really this book was starting to make me so engrossed that it moved up in my tbr pile and was not going to go away. So I needed to check this book out and see if I am just seeing the quotes that were steamy or if this book was going to blow my mind. 

This book was a little slower than I usually like books but then it also sped up in really random points. We went from bouncing around daily to all of sudden jumped a month in the future. So it was hard to keep track of what was going on. I really did like the two main characters (I am kind of hoping the second book has more on their friends). I loved how the author did bring up some of the backstory of Sienna. But really wanted some more of the backstory of Keller in the book. I felt like their relationship was super rushed and that Sienna was really forgiving of Keller. I am not sure I would be so forgiving for the things Keller did that brought on PTSD as she did. Also girl...he lied to you on who he is multiple of times. Also wished there was more drama with her friend Maddie trying to knock sense into her head. But let's talk about the STEAMY Parts in this book. They were hot hot hot. They were so many throughout this book. Also each one was different then the last. If you need steam....this book has steam. it was a decent book so much that I can't wait to read book two. 

Quotes That I Liked 

"I crave the feeling of being claimed, owned, and used. It might be wrong, being so fiercely independent in every other aspects from such a young age, but this one part of me I needed to brought to life." 

"Good Girl." 

"For every mark left on your beautiful body, I'll snap one of his bones. He will pay for this. I promise you..."

"Don't ever think I want to hide you, Sienna. I could feel your thoughts the second I walked in the room. I want the world to know you belong to me and that I am only owned by you." 

Tropes


No comments:

Post a Comment