Wednesday, August 23, 2023

Winter Bloom (Hollywood Connections #1) by Lily Alexander

 


Are you lost, Pea? That was the question my best friend asked me before inviting himself on my cross-country road trip. The one i hoped would help me find myself. We shared food, secrets, hotel rooms. Despite the near misses and almost kisses, it was the same as it always had been between us, just more. Instead of finding myself, we found each other. Winter Bloom by Lily Alexander was published in November 2020. This is book one of the Hollywood Connections series. 

So I have to admit that I did not read this series in order so I read a further down the line book to see if the series was worth it. I never do this so this was a first. Thankfully each book can be a stand-alone but you do know things before they happened. Anyways, this was such a cute story though I chuckled at the nickname of Pea for the girl. It wasn't even the famous sweet pea nickname that I have seen in books. Just Pea. The two main characters took me awhile to really get into liking them. But I could picture how they fell in love as they have been friends for some time. I also saw the little things that the characters did for each other that say there was something more. Even when they couldn't tell themselves. This book starts a little slow but it speeds up and is really sweet. I highly recommend checking it out. 

Quotes That I Loved 

She was one of the brightest, shiniest people I knew, but I wasn't a fool. I knew many times those people were the ones struggling the hardest on the inside. 

This man. He was everything. 

Girls who read were girls who had active imaginations. I'd happily take such an attribute in a woman all day long. 

My dainty little flower had managed to back her ass up directly into a cactus when she fell. 

Hollywood Connections Series in Order

1. Winter Bloom

Tropes

No comments:

Post a Comment