Monday, August 14, 2023

The Hunted One (Falcon Falls Security #1) by Brittney Sahin

 


Savanna Vasquez lost her Navy SEAL husband years ago to terrorists, and she doesn't think she's capable of falling in love again. So, she busies herself by running her cafe and buries her face in the pages of fiction for romantic escape. But when her late husband's brother finds his way into her life, bringing a world of danger with him, Savanna is protected by a group of tough former Army guys. She feels like she's inside one of her favorite novels, but she's not so sure if her happily-ever-after will be guaranteed, especially when she finds herself alone with one of the dangerously handsome Delta operators. The Hunted One by Brittney Sahin was published in October 2021. This is book one of the Falcon Falls Security series. 

This is one of the books that you might have seen going through all the social media accounts with some hook of quotes. Yeah, it sucks me in too let me tell you. So that is how I found this one. Though I wouldn't be surprise if it's somewhere mixed in with one of my favorite others as well. Anyways, this book had me running all over the place. I don't know how many times I had to change my guess on who was after Savanna in this book. Though there are so many running around in this book it's hard to keep up with who is a good guy and who isn't. I really did enjoy this book, even though it was not one of my favorites. I really liked the plot that was created its just sometimes I felt like I was being dragged somewhere completely different then it flips on you. Not sure if the author met that or not. The two main characters in this book are amazing and you can see the connections of them and their battle through the book in fighting against it. I can't wait to check out the next book in the series. 

Quotes That I Loved 

"The butcher had a break-in last week. Didn't you hear?"
"The butcher, the baker....any news on the candlestick maker?" 

"Well, don't expect me to trade orgasms for protection." 

And smelled like a mix of cookies and pumpkin spice. He wanted to eat her right the fuck up, starting between her legs. 

She lifted a biscuit from the platter, one of his mother's favorites from what he remembered, and she started toward him, "Here. Taste yourself." 

Tropes





No comments:

Post a Comment