Friday, September 15, 2023

Savage King (Astoria Royals #2) by Deborah Garland

 


My fiancé is the hero and the villain. Kieran O'Rourke is sin and danger wrapped in an expensive suit. Six-foot-four, he's ruggedly beautiful with an Irish brogue that made half the women in this town fall into his bed. He's a savage with no soul...and now he's my fiancé. My father sold me to this arrogant bastard to finance his war with the Russians. All my dreams vanished when he forced me to say "I do" and slid his ring onto my finger. He stole my future and wants an obedient wife, who will give him an heir and ask no questions. Savage King by Deborah Garland was published May 2023. This book two in Astoria Royals series. 

This book had really good scenes in it that makes you want to curl your toes. But, it also had lots of long build up scenes that make you question if you can make it to the faster pace scenes. I felt like the very beginning of the book was slow as it was packed full of background information. Which led me to want to put the book down and walk away. I did enjoy the two main characters and hoe in depth they both were. That Kieran took a bit to let go of his love that past away to let himself marry the girl. But also loved how Isabella fought like crazy to hate Kieran. How she kept it a secret that she was on birth control. I loved how their relationship was not easy and that each of them had to work for it. The steamy scenes are steamy and will make you want more then what is in the book. It's a good book just the beginning though needs more action and not so heavy with background. 

Quotes That I Loved 

"Yes" 
"Keep going....don't stop on my account." 
"Excuse me! Don't you knock?"
"I Did knock....you probably didn't hear me over your moaning." 

"What do you say?"
"Please."
"Good girl.....and when I'm taking my husbandly liberties with you every night, I want to hear you say please-often....I'm going to make you beg for it, Isabella." 

"You'll do it with a mouth full of my cock." 

"Find.My.Wife." 

"Next time you see a rock that big on a woman, be warned that the man who brought her that ring is never far behind." 

Astoria Royals Series in Order
2. Savage King
3. Sleeping with the Enemy
4. Deal with the Devil 

Tropes

No comments:

Post a Comment