Thursday, September 21, 2023

Consider Me (Playing For Keeps #1) by Becka Mack

 


Carter Beckett is the NHL's resident badboy, top player both on the ice & in the bedroom, and quite possibly the sexist man to ever grace my field of vision. But worst of all? He knows it. He's arrogrant, self-centered, and the man doesn't seem to know what a filter is, let alone how to use one. He's had everything served to him on a silver platter, including endless strings of women, and apparently, I'm up next. His only problem? I have no intention of falling for his shi-um, charm. Consider Me by Becka Mack was published in March 2022. This is first book in the Playing for Keeps series. 

This was an odd book to say the least. It's one of those books where you like bits and pieces but don't know what is missing. I felt that way with this book. I felt like the characters Carter and Olivia were not very rounded characters. I didn't feel like they could possibly be a real person (which I know they are not.) But most good authors try to make their characters feel like a real person. That means they have good parts to them and they also fail. I felt like they were a little one sided. The plot started off slow but then it picked up and I enjoyed reading it. I also enjoyed some of the friendships in the book. Though I did think that the relationship was rushed. It's a decent read, so I recommend checking it out. 

Quotes that I Loved 

"I wanna fuck you silly. Maybe put you in the penalty box."

"We can get there in eight if you're game for a piggyback ride.....Wrap those pretty little legs around my waist before I wrap them around my face." 

"Okay, pint-sized. And okay, you're not a model. But you're a phys-ed teacher, so that's kind the same-"
"It is not remotely close the same thing." 

"You can't kiss my not-a-date-but-actually-is-a-date at midnight!" 

"You fucking kissed her."
"She said I could."
"Do you like her?"
"Yes, I fucking like her." 

"You like him."
"Of course I like him, Cara. He's charming and funny and makes me smile in this irritating sort of way and I'm losing my damn mind because I'm totally falling for Carter Beckett." 

"Good Girl."

"Slap that hand back there again and I'll tie both of them to the bedpost. I wanna hear you scream my name when you come with me inside you. Got it?"

"You haven't broken me yet, but I'm hoping if I'm a good girl, you will soon." 

Playing for Keeps Series in Order
1. Consider Me
3. Unravel Me 

Tropes




No comments:

Post a Comment