Saturday, September 9, 2023

Faking It as the Maid by Emily James

 


He needs a maid, I need a job. It's just temporary....my life is an endurance test, one that I am in danger of failing. My apartment is a hellhole and my rent is late. I'm desperate, so I concoct a scheme and temporarily take my friend's job as a maid. But I'm not prepared for him. Faking it as the Maid by Emily James was published in January 2020. 

This book is a different feel to it. But it had a lot of humor throughout the book. The characters in this book felt flat. You do see a lot of faults for each character but don't see a lot of positives of the characters. I did like the build up between the two main characters. That they didn't instantly fall in love with each other. The smut in this book is okay. It's not like amazing and can't put it down during the scene. I do like how also their relationship has a lot of ups and downs. It's a good read and I enjoyed it. It's just an all out amazing story. 

Quotes that I Loved 

"Trust me to pluck up the courage to come chat to the most beautiful girl in the room, only for her not to understand a single word I say." 

"I'm trying to help, if you'll let me?" 

"Oh, I could definitely handle you, baby." 

"You're my girl, and I'm not doing business with someone who treats you any less than a fucking queen." 

Tropes 



No comments:

Post a Comment