Wednesday, September 27, 2023

The Royal by Susan Stoker

 


Former military man and member of a royal family Callum Redmon can't deny his sense of responsibility. so when his cousin's latest love interest claims to have a stalker, Cal reluctantly meets with the young women and her mother. He wants to write off the situation as a complete farce - if only his feelings for another member of the household could be as easily dismissed. The Royal by Susan Stoker was published in August 2023. This is the second book in Game of Chance series. 

I am a big fan of Susan Stoker books so I was so excited to read this book of hers. My reviews are behind on what I am currently reading. Sorry...anyways I loved how Callum made a comment in book 1 that he was never going to find someone for him. When the female main character of that book was like time will come. Well, time has come Callum. Callum has a lot on his shoulders being royal and also not being Mr. Pretty anymore. He feels like the scars on his body causes all women to be scared of him. Which we know will not be the case. I really like this book because it resembles the famous Cinderella story but in present tense. Callum has a lot of emotions that he hides behind and of course the female main character is the one to pull those out. June is so amazing and has her own background story that slowly comes out. She has faults just like Callum but also she has some growing up to do. I felt like both characters are well rounded. I feel like though there was places where the plot didn't make sense but it was not enough that it turned me off of the book. I loved this book and read it in a day. I highly recommend checking out any book from Susan Stoker. 

Quotes that I Loved 

"Where do you sleep now?"
"And if you tell me the attic, I'm not going to be happy." 

For the first time in his entire life, Cal wanted to be someone's Prince Charming. 

'You're free, princess. Of them, of feeling obligated, of being afraid. You're free to do whatever it is you want." 

"All we can do is be grateful for the lessons we've learned and move forward." 

"I want you, Cal. Even though I know I'll never live up to your expectations. Even though you're light-years better than me. I want you on me, over me, inside me. If you need the darkness in order to make that happen, or if you need to be fully clothed, I'm okay with that. I'll take you however I can get you." 

"I hope whoever did this to you died a horrific, painful death, with his eyes plucked out and his innards spilling from his body to be feasted on by a hundred hungry carrion birds." 

"If you think I didn't want to peel those skintight jeans down your legs and bury my face between your thighs all night, you're crazy." 

"And I'm going to come in your mouth sooner or later. On your tits. All over your pussy. I want to cover you with my cum, mark you so thoroughly you won't ever be able to get me off your skin. But not tonight. Tonight, I need to be inside you. Fill you up. Mark you from the inside out." 

Game of Chance Series in Order 
1. The Protector 
2. The Royal
4. The Lumberjack (07/30/2024)

Trope

Before you leave, please vote on what book I should read next in the comments. 








No comments:

Post a Comment