Tuesday, September 26, 2023

Play with Me (Playing for Keeps #2) by Becka Mack

 


I'm the star right winger for the Vancouver Vipers, an unstoppable force, fast as lightning. My dream come true, and I've worked my whole life to get here. I don't plan on giving it up, but if I want to keep playing hockey, I'm going to need all my limbs. To ensure my body parts stay intact, I only need to follow one simple rule. Don't touch my captain's little sister. Seems easy enough. She's snarky and bossy and has a mouth like a sailor. Truthfully, I'm bordering on the edge of terrified when she's around. The problem is I've seen too much. Too much of her, inside and out. And now? Now I want more. Play with Me by Becka Mack was published in October 2022. This is book two of the Playing for Keeps series. 

The two main characters had me in giggles through this book. I thought I loved book one but I don't know I think this book beat that book. I loved Jennie in the first book with her comments but she just made me fall in love with her in this book. She has such an amazing backstory that touched on how her dad's death effected her. How growing up with a famous brother effected her. She had a lot of pressure from everywhere to be this amazing person. So of course she felt like she was failing. I felt like Jennie was a real person that I could get to know. Garrett has his own back history and it really comes in through this book. What made him the way he is. I didn't feel like he was as real as Jennie but it worked great in this book. The plot in this book is so funny watching Jennie and Garrett fight against their attractions at different times. But yet watching it all unfold. There were times I was like just stop fighting it. But it was explosive when they finally gave in. Then the secret keeping while slowly everyone found out. I loved this book so much and can't not wait to read more in this series. 


Quotes that I Loved 

"You're not getting any of this tonight....none of it." 
"Ollie! It was an accident! You can't cut off access! You can't! 

"Find someone else. Literally anybody else." 

"I just wanna love you out loud. Why don't you let me love you out loud?"

"Living without your soul mate is something no one should ever have to do...I know there's something extra special waiting for you, Jennie. A love above all the rest. That's what a soul mate is. Someone with smooth edges to soften our sharp ones. Someone who fits us so perfectly, vibrates on the same frequency, makes all our best parts shine. And together? Together, everything is exactly the way it's meant to be." 

Besides, who needs a boyfriend when you've got a drawer full of battery-powered ones? Men don't vibrate, but dildos do. 

The box rips apart at the seams, the most beautiful rainbow of dildos and vibrators flying through the air between us in -I swear to God-slow fucking motion. 

"That's you, sunshine. You're my favorite dessert......C'mon, Jennie. Play with me." 

"The fuck's he talking about?....He hurt you?"
"I'm fine." 
"Did.He.Hurt.You?" 

"That's a good fucking girl." 

Playing for Keeps Series in Order
2. Play with Me
3. Unravel Me 

Tropes 


No comments:

Post a Comment